PDA

View Full Version : Pizza night

jsperk
03-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Always after that elusive perfect pizza. Not tonight but damn good anyways.

Hoss
03-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Looks mitee good from here.I cheated and ordered take out from the local brick oven pizzeria.I gotta start learning to make pizza dough.The one tonight was really good but I could have made 10 pizzas here for what the one cost.:crazy:

jsperk
03-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Looks mitee good from here.I cheated and ordered take out from the local brick oven pizzeria.I gotta start learning to make pizza dough.The one tonight was really good but I could have made 10 pizzas here for what the one cost.:crazy:

I hear ya, I cringe when ordering pizza. Probably only a couple pizza joints around my area I don't mind paying for. The rest aren't worth it.

ssv3
03-09-2018, 09:11 PM
If your pizzas aren't perfect I don't know whose are. Great pies.

Smoking Piney
03-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Pies look killer to me! :-D

jsperk
03-09-2018, 09:44 PM
If your pizzas aren't perfect I don't know whose are. Great pies.

Thanks.

I'm torn on what I like better. I like blasting the heat and getting the top browned but I also like the cheese less done where u get that stretchy cheese.

Smoke on Badger Mountain
03-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Good looking pie

ssv3
03-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Thanks.

I'm torn on what I like better. I like blasting the heat and getting the top browned but I also like the cheese less done where u get that stretchy cheese.

Lol, I hear you. May I humbly suggest whole milk mozzarella and if you can mix provolone with it you should get what you want. 00 flour will help but not really necessary.

https://i.imgur.com/r1VdYzMh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c3EXF08h.jpg

martyleach
03-09-2018, 10:21 PM
What temp are you cooking at and how long to cook a pizza? Those pies look great! I have 3 different pizza cookers; XL BGE, home-made Neapolitan pizza oven and a UUNI. The Neapolitan and UUNI both cook in 90 seconds at 1000 degrees where the Egg is more like 7-8 minutes at 750degrees. We prefer the Egg and we love our pizzas!

jsperk
03-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Lol, I hear you. May I humbly suggest whole milk mozzarella and if you can mix provolone with it you should get what you want. 00 flour will help but not really necessary. [Quote]

That's what like. I thought that was your pizza I was thinking about. I use bread flour. I'm using a mix of 50/50 whole milk mozzarella and provolone. I been cooking on screens for the couple minutes. Then on the stone once the dough sets. I wonder if being on the stone the whole time will help.

[QUOTE=martyleach;3964397]What temp are you cooking at and how long to cook a pizza? Those pies look great! I have 3 different pizza cookers; XL BGE, home-made Neapolitan pizza oven and a UUNI. The Neapolitan and UUNI both cook in 90 seconds at 1000 degrees where the Egg is more like 7-8 minutes at 750degrees. We prefer the Egg and we love our pizzas!

I think the deck was around 630. Nice cooking choices. I'm surprised the homemade pizza oven isn't your favorite.
Why do you like the best?

robert-r
03-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Pies are perfect. Bravo!!!

Stingerhook
03-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Damn they look great.

ssv3
03-10-2018, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=ssv3;3964390]Lol, I hear you. May I humbly suggest whole milk mozzarella and if you can mix provolone with it you should get what you want. 00 flour will help but not really necessary. [Quote]

That's what like. I thought that was your pizza I was thinking about. I use bread flour. I'm using a mix of 50/50 whole milk mozzarella and provolone. I been cooking on screens for the couple minutes. Then on the stone once the dough sets. I wonder if being on the stone the whole time will help.

Bread flour is perfect. In the Blackstone I don't use screens or parchment paper. Just a peel to launch the pie on the stone and the results are stellar most of the time so maybe try w/out the screen to compare? Also, go liberal with the cheese and that should help too. Not too much but over the usual amount.

You're pies are awesome regardless. :thumb:

jsperk
03-10-2018, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=jsperk;3964410][QUOTE=ssv3;3964390]Lol, I hear you. May I humbly suggest whole milk mozzarella and if you can mix provolone with it you should get what you want. 00 flour will help but not really necessary.

Bread flour is perfect. In the Blackstone I don't use screens or parchment paper. Just a peel to launch the pie on the stone and the results are stellar most of the time so maybe try w/out the screen to compare? Also, go liberal with the cheese and that should help too. Not too much but over the usual amount.

You're pies are awesome regardless. :thumb:

I definitely like them better without the screen. Problem is I like 15 inch pies and pretty heavy with cheese and topping so I'm afraid I will mess up the launch on 15 in pies. The screen pies are definitely still very good but you miss that extra something when launching straight on a hot stone.

I did by the 16 inch super peel. Problem is it's to big. I can't the back of the pie far enough back on the stone. I wish I bought the 14 inch, now I have a super peel that is pretty worthless, for me anyways.