PDA

View Full Version : Competition

Coat
03-09-2018, 03:47 PM
There's a contest here in nashville this weekend, starting tonight and I want to check it out to see what it's like. Can I just show up and walk around at a BBQ contest? Will the teams feed me?? Lol

Edit::title should say competition not completion

dadsr4
03-09-2018, 04:05 PM
I've walked around a number of comp's. Looking is not a problem, polite questions, if they are not busy, are always answered. Food, only if they offer.
I always wait to be invited before I come close. They are working.

CptKaos
03-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Its Nashville, the south, make yourself at home :) way different people and attitudes than the great white north
#justsayin

Larry

Ron_L
03-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Edit::title should say competition not completion

I fixed it.

If it is a KCBS sanctioned competition, the teams will only have what they cook for dinner since they don't turn in to the judges until tomorrow. Most have extra and are willing to share. Most are also glad to talk BBQ, but if they are working on stuff, please understand if they are too busy to talk.

Coat
03-09-2018, 05:08 PM
I'm not talking about running around begging. Just wondered if it's plausible I'll wind up tasting some q if I walk around the contest. Mainly hoping to taste from some cookers I haven't cooked on.

cpw
03-09-2018, 07:17 PM
I'm not talking about running around begging. Just wondered if it's plausible I'll wind up tasting some q if I walk around the contest. Mainly hoping to taste from some cookers I haven't cooked on.

Just make sure you wander around after 2:00 on Saturday (after turn ins). Most every team will talk to you as long as they’re not too busy cleaning up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanB
03-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Go talk, eat taste some of the comp BBQ. You will have a great time. Comp people are very friendly and love to talk BBQ.
DanB

bucko
03-10-2018, 11:01 AM
What is the great white north

Mrshaunyd
03-10-2018, 11:22 AM
I entered my first comp last year, once cooking was done it turned into a giant sized family bbq type atmosphere. I used a PBC at the time and people would come up just to see how that worked even.

CptKaos
03-10-2018, 01:13 PM
What is the great white north

anything north of the Dallas, snow country

Larry