PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Phubar
03-09-2018, 03:08 AM
Tonight brisket,tomorrow pork neck/collar stew,sunday maybe a rack of lamb.

Have Phun all y'alls!:cool:

sliding_billy
03-09-2018, 06:27 AM
Happy Phriday, Pholks! I've got a butt for tomorrow since I didn't get a chance to do it last week. No choice this time.

bwram1
03-09-2018, 06:29 AM
15 lb brisket going on in a bit.

LordRiffenstein
03-09-2018, 06:38 AM
Have a great weekend!!

Tonight going out for dinner with friends, grilling some boudin tomorrow, doing ribs on Sunday.

Ag76
03-09-2018, 07:13 AM
My niece is coming in from Austin. She wants pork tenderloin, so that's what it is going to be. Will probably put on some ABTs too.

frognot
03-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Road trip!

Meeting Gore tomorrow at Snow's at 0700 then heading to Louie Mueller's. Ranked #1 and #5 by for Texas BBQ by Texas Monthly last year.

Meeting peeps this afternoon at the Growler Bar in Pflugerville for a beer.

blazinfire
03-09-2018, 07:19 AM
Well I have no clue.. I know as of today.. I'm cooking a Beef Loin Sirloin steak on the grill for lunch.. but next clear day we're going to have is monday.. DO I don't have a legit response to this thread.. but I will be looking forward to doing my big rack of short ribs soon.

Happy Phriday Phu and Pharkers!!

Iowa Sailor
03-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Jerky going on the smoker this afternoon. Saturday will be ribs and chicken for a family birthday celebration.

Chilly Iowa weather!

AussieMatt
03-09-2018, 07:46 AM
Happy Phriday Phu and pharkers!

Tonight we're having salmon and steamed veggies.

Tomorrow I'm making meatballs for spaghetti, I want to throw some smoke at them before they go in the sauce.

Aveagoodweekend!

Phubar
03-09-2018, 08:17 AM
Road trip!

Meeting Gore tomorrow at Snow's at 0700 then heading to Louie Mueller's. Ranked #1 and #5 by for Texas BBQ by Texas Monthly last year.

That's awesome!
Give Gore a big hug from me and please post a picture of you guys.

ClayQ
03-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Happy Phriday Phu and pharkers!

Tonight we're having salmon and steamed veggies.

Tomorrow I'm making meatballs for spaghetti, I want to throw some smoke at them before they go in the sauce.

Aveagoodweekend!
I got a cabinet box built around my drum smoker. Today going to smoke up pastrami, about a 6 hour cook at 300 degrees F at less than 0 degree C weather (Green Bay Wisconsin). Reuben samitches is the goal.
Thanks AussieMat! Have fun tonight with salmon and meatballs tomorrow.

upStomp
03-09-2018, 10:24 AM
I'll give you a hint...

"Moink, Moink!"

aerotech11
03-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Tonight is pizza on the grill. May do some pork shoulder tomorrow for some pulled pork. Happy phriday all and have a great pharkin weekend.

gtr
03-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Road trip!

Phantastic! I'm jealous of both y'all! I know Phor a Phact that both of you Pharkers are Phine dining companions. :hungry:

My older son and I did the Snow's/Mueller's 2fer in November. I'm assuming you don't plan to do much after that - 'cause you won't be able to! Well...we did hit Southside to buy some packs of sausage and maybe had a little Blue Bell for dessert - speaking of - that 'nanner pudding at Snow's is great - along with everything else of course! Many pix, please!

Anyway - got a little bit of pork loin that's gonna get the Naturrific Harvest Brine treatment for sure, not sure what else besides wings.

Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu & crew and all y'all Pharkers!

dadsr4
03-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Found loinbacks at too good a price, so I'm going to try them again. Marinating them this time.

Stingerhook
03-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Road trip!

Who are these people you speak of? Enjoy!

Stingerhook
03-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Nellie wanted ribs so I picked up some full spares for Sunday, just waiting to see if she wants them trimmed.

dadsr4
03-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Nellie wanted ribs so I picked up some full spares for Sunday, just waiting to see if she wants them trimmed.
Has she ever experienced the glory of untrimmed spares?:-P
Or at least tasted the good parts?
Your welcoming her into your home always brings a smile to my face, every time you mention her. You're a good person.

CptKaos
03-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Prime CBA ribs today, fajitas tomali :)

Larry

bbqwizard
03-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Happy Phriday!

Cooking up a "manly", I need a nap type tomorrow for our monthly Men's Breakfast at church. At some point this weekend, I will be playing around with some pork shanks..can't wait!

The Wookiee
03-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Had a naked 2# fatty off the pellet to go with breakfast for dinner tonight (pancakes, frittata), prime short plate beef bones on the stick burner Sunday (+ a kielbasa to appease my blasphemous rib-eschewing youngest) - canít wait! Tomorrow we ski and I have no idea whatís for dinner...

Happy cooking to all!

Swede
03-10-2018, 12:55 AM
Butt is brining now, I always brine them.

Going to fire up the kamado tomorrow around 9pm, pork on at 10-11pm after it slowly comes up to temp.

I love overnights with my kamado.

TyJones
03-10-2018, 02:34 PM

SlickRockStones
03-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Friday dinner was Wings. John Henry pecan rubbed and another batch dredged in Nashville’s Loveless Cafe crispy chicken breading and kettled. Both rocked with Bunny on baked beans. Saturday was SAMS Club angus tri tip OR Santa Maria rubbed and reverse seared with a chunk of oak. Bunny killed it with an awesome s berry banana walnut scallion salad dressed with Marzettis CS dressing. She even whipped me up some strawberry and cool whip topped pound cake and served it up to me while I watched Virginia take down my Tarheels and the Daytona supercross.

Hoss
03-10-2018, 11:34 PM
Been fighting the funky,nasty,crud all week.Cooked brisket Burgers tonight,I put mine in the fridge for later,I am liquid medicating for now.Smoking a corned beef tomorrow for next weekend and pork chops for Sunday supper.

mike243
03-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Put a 10lbs butt on about a hr ago,early supper with the son and his family tomorrow :-D latest I been up in a long time :shock:

Blackened Redfish
03-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Pork belly burnt ends!

stljay
03-11-2018, 09:12 AM
3 racks of spares to break in a new Hunsaker!

Mikhail
03-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Road trip!

Waiting for 1x report!

frognot
03-11-2018, 04:05 PM
That's awesome!
Give Gore a big hug from me and please post a picture of you guys.

Hug delivered. First thing I did when meeting him.

Phantastic! I'm jealous of both y'all! I know Phor a Phact that both of you Pharkers are Phine dining companions. :hungry:

My older son and I did the Snow's/Mueller's 2fer in November. I'm assuming you don't plan to do much after that - 'cause you won't be able to! Well...we did hit Southside to buy some packs of sausage and maybe had a little Blue Bell for dessert - speaking of - that 'nanner pudding at Snow's is great - along with everything else of course! Many pix, please!

Wish I had seen this earlier and would have tried the banana pudding. Was strictly a carnivore this trip. Didn't take many pics also. Hopefully Gore picks up the slack.

mrboy
03-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Sunday smoked chicken. Been in the brine for 1.5 days and on the smoker at 375*.

Phantastic!

Rusty Kettle
03-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Brisket comp practice. 270 Smokers Sumo is running great!