PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Nor' Easter Here.

Smoking Piney
03-08-2018, 07:44 PM
I'm accustomed to Nor' Easters here, but yesterday's storm was different - the thickest, wettest snow I've ever seen, and over 8 inches of it. Before the big snow arrived, we had thunder snow - it sounded just like a full blown summer thunder storm. Then, the heavy snow followed. We lost power with trees coming down everywhere and I just got it back an hour ago. Thank you, full house generator! :-D

https://i.imgur.com/tq7zZeAh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bKDuzvqh.jpg

On topic content: I cooked pork ternderloins that evening on the BGE, sorry, no pics - I was in a hurry and sweating disaster from falling trees. While I was outside, I heard numerous trees around my house cracking and coming down. My house is surrounded by huge trees and I was waiting for one to come down. Besides the huge branch in the pic, I was lucky.

I can't wait for proper Spring!

BillN
03-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Thanks for sharing, happy to hear you all are ok.

IamMadMan
03-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Glad you are OK John. Trees can be unpredictable with that added weight.

When I took over the property last fall, I had three large trees cut down, I'm glad I did.

Glad the house itself wasn't damaged. Stay safe....

Dweverett
03-08-2018, 09:03 PM
I had about the same amount here as well and it was heavy friggin snow but I think the storm hit you guys worse. We didn’t get the thunder here (or at least not much). Think the wind was higher down there too

The nastiest I was in was the October storm a few years back that dumped about twice as much heavy snow when all the trees still had leaves. Trees down everywhere and no power for a week and a half

Glad you were safe and didn’t have more damage

pjtexas1
03-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Pics are actually beautiful. Glad you have the generator.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smoking Piney
03-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Pics are actually beautiful. Glad you have the generator.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll admit that it was amazingly pretty - until the trees started coming down and we lost power. The thunder snow was cool. It's been a very wet winter here and the ground is loose. We're looking at another possible Nor' Easter coming Sunday evening. Can't say I'm ready for "insult to injury". :-D

I cooked burgers on the BGE this evening and when I finished, I saw street lights on.......rejoice! :-D

cowgirl
03-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Shoot, John! Glad to hear you're okay!

Hoss
03-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Godspeed,my friend.Wise move on that whole house generator.

Smoke on Badger Mountain
03-08-2018, 11:17 PM
Looks like a bad one. But you were still out cooking in it. Gotta love that!

Pig_Farmer
03-08-2018, 11:23 PM
Glad to hear that you're safe. Stay warm and keep the generator fueled.

R2Egg2Q
03-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Stay warm and safe John!

ssv3
03-08-2018, 11:43 PM
That's the spirit John. Glad to hear nothing major.

daninnewjersey
03-09-2018, 09:30 AM
That storm was firggin horrible. And that thunder snow....my dog and I were outside playing and definitely did NOT expect that. Needless to say...playtime was over for a while....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Glad you did relatively ok....

fwdiii
03-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Agree....that was one nasty storm!! Heavy wet snow, thunder, trees down everywhere and no power!
Come on summer!!!!

PS...glad everyone is ok!

DanB
03-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Up North here in Paramus we lucked only some only 5" of snow.
Some of the heaviest snow in long time, more like a sheet of ice from the rain,befor the snow.
Broke a carter pin on my snow blower!!:shocked:
DanB

Rib Rub
03-09-2018, 04:37 PM
I'm accustomed to Nor' Easters here, but yesterday's storm was different - the thickest, wettest snow I've ever seen, and over 8 inches of it. Before the big snow arrived, we had thunder snow - it sounded just like a full blown summer thunder storm. Then, the heavy snow followed. We lost power with trees coming down everywhere and I just got it back an hour ago. Thank you, full house generator! :-D

https://i.imgur.com/tq7zZeAh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bKDuzvqh.jpg

On topic content: I cooked pork ternderloins that evening on the BGE, sorry, no pics - I was in a hurry and sweating disaster from falling trees. While I was outside, I heard numerous trees around my house cracking and coming down. My house is surrounded by huge trees and I was waiting for one to come down. Besides the huge branch in the pic, I was lucky.

I can't wait for proper Spring!I am down on the Cape and we got all rain. Ended as snow for an hour or so. WE also got the Thunder and lighting. I read that a woman in Manchester got struck by lighting.

Smoking Piney
03-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Good to hear you folks suffered minimum damage. Losing power for a bit over 24 hours was an inconvenience, but my generator took care of business.

I'm hoping Sunday's forecasted storm stays south and we just get rain - like we really need more.:cry:

March has traditionally been a bit crazy here, but this March has been exceptional.