PDA

View Full Version : Ate a salad with supper this evening.

medic92
03-06-2018, 06:01 PM
That doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm 49 years old and it's only the second salad I've ever eaten. The first one was Sunday when I had some of my wife's salad at Texas Roadhouse. I don't like vegetables and I don't eat fruit either (I have a funny problem with consistency of some things) so it's a big step for me. Of course it was with a giant sirloin steak and a roll smothered with 3-4 sticks of butter, but you have to start somewhere, right?

pjtexas1
03-06-2018, 06:03 PM
There are worse things to put in your pie hole

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rocky Branch BBQ
03-06-2018, 06:25 PM
I promise we won't insult you with disparaging names like " Oh well he just one those vegan fellars"

medic92
03-06-2018, 07:12 PM
I swear the steak looked betrayed.

Happy Hapgood
03-06-2018, 07:16 PM
Do you consider a tater a veggie? I don't. Meat and taters is about all I eat too.

medic92
03-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Do you consider a tater a veggie? I don't. Meat and taters is about all I eat too.

Same here. I get my burgers plain and I'm perfectly happy with a steak, baked potato and some bread. I like corn but I've never eaten leafy vegetables. The breakthrough was starting to use different types of lettuce. Iceberg lettuce tastes like dirt to me and I can't handle it. I'm learning to deal with cooked onions but a piece of raw onion the size of a grain of rice will ruin a burger for me.

Happy Hapgood
03-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Same here. I get my burgers plain and I'm perfectly happy with a steak, baked potato and some bread. I like corn but I've never eaten leafy vegetables. The breakthrough was starting to use different types of lettuce. Iceberg lettuce tastes like dirt to me and I can't handle it. I'm learning to deal with cooked onions but a piece of raw onion the size of a grain of rice will ruin a burger for me.

Yep, a raw onion ain't bad for me now and then. Can't stand them cooked. Cob corn now and then. What the opposite of a Vegan? :becky:

Big George's BBQ
03-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Donít worry you will live

The Wookiee
03-06-2018, 09:13 PM
Yep, a raw onion ain't bad for me now and then. Can't stand them cooked. Cob corn now and then. What the opposite of a Vegan? :becky:

Opposite of a vegan = the brethren

Vegan is a 4 letter word with one too many letters...

jermoQ
03-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Cob corn now and then. What the opposite of a Vegan? :becky:

Opposite? I have heard of an "omnomnomivore". That is someone who eats more than just meat right? Barbequeatarian?

OR

Lachanophobia is an unwarranted or an irrational*fear of vegetables. Are you a Lachanaphobe?

tom b
03-06-2018, 10:22 PM
I eat salad 5 nights for dinner it contains meat usually chicken sometimes beef

bonz50
03-06-2018, 11:19 PM
Opposite of a vegan = the brethren

Vegan is a 4 letter word with one too many letters...

only cuz you're spelling it wrong. Vgan. :becky:

Evil-g
03-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Awwwwwww, why did you do that. On a more serious note I enjoy a nice salad from time to time though there is always some type of protein in there.

Titch
03-07-2018, 01:28 AM
That doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm 49 years old and it's only the second salad I've ever eaten. The first one was Sunday when I had some of my wife's salad at Texas Roadhouse. I don't like vegetables and I don't eat fruit either (I have a funny problem with consistency of some things) so it's a big step for me. Of course it was with a giant sirloin steak and a roll smothered with 3-4 sticks of butter, but you have to start somewhere, right?

You know your going downstairs don't you

Smoke on Badger Mountain
03-07-2018, 01:34 AM
Salad, it's a gateway drug.

SlickRockStones
03-07-2018, 05:44 AM
We often go on a crack salad bender. Columbia Restaurants 1905 clone. Strawberry banana walnut green onion iceberg lettuce dressed with Marietti CS dressing. Grilled Japanese chicken salad. I’m tweaking as I type and don’t think I’ll make it to dinner!