PDA

View Full Version : B-Day Pron

PlattDaddyBBQ
03-06-2018, 04:30 PM
So this is my first birthday that I am a father. I felt like it was only right that I buy myself a big manly steak. Seems like the Dad thing to do right? Well I thought so, so I got myself a nice 3.8 lb Tomahawk Ribeye. Ever since I saw this cut in person at the store about a month ago Iíve been dying to give it a try and attempt my first reverse sear. I was a bit worried whether I would be able to produce anything as good looking as the cooks Iíve been seeing on the brethren lately, but I couldnít have been happier with the results. With my wife, my mother and my best man from my wedding to enjoy with me I couldnít have asked for a better birthday. Though my little one couldnít enjoy and steak just yet, I canít wait to have a little side kick to assist me on my BBQ cooks in the future.

Smoke on Badger Mountain
03-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Looks great! And happy b-day.

12ring
03-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Sweet. Looks killer. Happy birthday.

Rocky Branch BBQ
03-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Excellent, perfect way to celebrate a B'day.

Stingerhook
03-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Mighty fine cook daddy! Happy b-day.

PlattDaddyBBQ
03-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Thank you everyone!! It’s been an amazing year and I hope to get many cooks posted over the summer!

Happy Hapgood
03-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Hope your Blessings continue. Congratulation with a Great Family and Friends.
Hey, you may have a future Pitmaster on your hands. :thumb:

DubfromGA
03-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Much respect !!!!!!!

I'll soon be celebrating my son's 19th birthday.

He's a bigtime bbq fan and is the main reason I fire up the coals to this day.

Gonna do a porkfest later this week and hoping he'll grace his Mom & I with his knees under our table.

Enjoy every single meal......every single day. They pass too dang quick.

Big George's BBQ
03-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Nice. Great way to celebrate your day. Happy B Day and congrats on being a dad. It is a great feeling

Titch
03-06-2018, 10:42 PM
Not too shabby at all( the steak not you)
Happy Birthday mate

KORND4WG X
03-07-2018, 12:17 AM
Steak looks great. Happy Birthday I love that picture with the cake :clap2:

PlattDaddyBBQ
03-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Much respect !!!!!!!

I'll soon be celebrating my son's 19th birthday.

He's a bigtime bbq fan and is the main reason I fire up the coals to this day.

Gonna do a porkfest later this week and hoping he'll grace his Mom & I with his knees under our table.

Enjoy every single meal......every single day. They pass too dang quick.

Awesome man I hope you guys have a fantastic porkfest and look forward to seeing the pics of your cook!! And yes my child is only 7 months old and I swear it was just yesterday I was at the hospital meeting her for the first time lol

BillN
03-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Happy BIRTHDAY! Great choice on the steak.

Mason Dixon Bowhunta
03-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Happy birthday! Enjoy every moment with your little one. In the blink of an eye they will be grown.