PDA

View Full Version : Jack Daniels Pellets

Rib Rub
03-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Anybody use the BBQ delight Jack Daniel’s pellets? I notice the bag says Charcoal on it. Are they actual charcoal pellets or flavored. Has my interest. They are a bit pricy though. Just curious if anybody gave them a shot. Thanks

http://store.bbqrsdelight.com/pd-jack-daniel-s-pellet-grill-fuel.cfm

Joshw
03-02-2018, 11:55 AM
I have used the chips for years, and I love the flavor. I recently bought a bag of the pellets. They are nice too. They are made from the barrels that they age the whiskey in. They have a high creosote content, so you have to use them in moderation, but as a flavor addition in a smoke tube, they are great. I think they would be overpowering, if you used them as your main fuel. The smell is amazing! Wal-Mart sometimes carries them. I think the last bag I bought was $18 a 20lb bag.

Rib Rub
03-02-2018, 12:37 PM
I have used the chips for years, and I love the flavor. I recently bought a bag of the pellets. They are nice too. They are made from the barrels that they age the whiskey in. They have a high creosote content, so you have to use them in moderation, but as a flavor addition in a smoke tube, they are great. I think they would be overpowering, if you used them as your main fuel. The smell is amazing! Wal-Mart sometimes carries them. I think the last bag I bought was $18 a 20lb bag. I did not think about the smoke tube. That would be perfect. I am going to have to take a peek in Walmart see if I can find a bag. Thanks!