PDA

View Full Version : Build Pics Of My New Shirley

BBQ Freak
02-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Paul called me today and told me him and Jaden will be finishing the fabrication on my new smoker today and I will be picking it up next week .:becky:

MisterChrister
02-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Wait a farkin minute there partner! Isn't this your THIRD Shirley?!?!?!? We need an intervention! Nice, BTW, congrats!

BBQ Freak
02-26-2018, 04:19 PM
Wait a farkin minute there partner! Isn't this your THIRD Shirley?!?!?!? We need an intervention! Nice, BTW, congrats!

yes I am on my 3rd Shirley and have bought a new one every year , this one I might keep two years , lol . :laugh:

HogGrog
02-26-2018, 04:32 PM
Awesome and congrats! Every smoker I have seen from SF has been of the highest quality. Is it too early or in bad taste to call first dibs when you sell it in two years? :razz:

BBQ Freak
02-26-2018, 05:00 PM
Awesome and congrats! Every smoker I have seen from SF has been of the highest quality. Is it too early or in bad taste to call first dibs when you sell it in two years? :razz:

I was being sarcastic but will be keeping this one but I will be on the wait list for another one next week .

pjtexas1
02-26-2018, 06:11 PM
Seems like we should call this addiction the Shirley hamster wheel. Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tom b
02-26-2018, 06:18 PM
I don't think you have a problem, seriously....

KevinJ
02-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Seems like we should call this addiction the Shirley hamster wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkI used to have that problem with Motorcycles and Surfboards thankfully I finally outgrew it.

sudsandswine
02-26-2018, 06:33 PM
Is that just a temporary cart for the fab process? Thought I remembered you saying you were going with a trailer.

BBQ Freak
02-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Is that just a temporary cart for the fab process? Thought I remembered you saying you were going with a trailer.

that is just a cart that the build the cookers on and then they mount on the trailer .

BillN
02-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Kind of like looking at your babies sonogram. Congratulations!

BBQ Freak
02-26-2018, 07:30 PM
Paul and Jaden worked their butt off today and just sent me these pictures , I am so happy how this build is turning out .

sudsandswine
02-26-2018, 07:31 PM
:thumb:

BillN
02-26-2018, 07:35 PM
I don't dare say I want one my wife would have a cow. So I will secretly say I want one.

BBQ Freak
02-26-2018, 07:57 PM
I don't dare say I want one my wife would have a cow. So I will secretly say I want one.

buy it and ask for forgiveness later and if she does not like it you still have a Shirley ,lol .

BillN
02-26-2018, 08:16 PM
buy it and ask for forgiveness later and if she does not like it you still have a Shirley ,lol .

With the lead time she will surely find out...:wink:

BBQ Freak
02-26-2018, 09:07 PM
there will also be a video made and not of my cooker but a ask Paul and Tyler thing on face book live were you can ask questions and will be posted on here the weekend that I am there that I will be apart of so be on the look out .

TopItOff
02-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Wait a minute, do you mean to tell me your builder actually called and sent pictures. Great way to do business. They just need more fabricators.

Czarbecue
02-27-2018, 01:15 AM

If she has the cow, then you should definitely get your Shirley.

CT-Mike
02-27-2018, 05:52 AM
Wait a minute, do you mean to tell me your builder actually called and sent pictures. Great way to do business. They just need more fabricators.

When I picked mine up last March I asked Paul why he doesn’t bring on more staff. He said “Mike, I can’t find people who want to come to work every day, put in 8 hours, and take pride in their work. I am not willing to sacrifice quality to increase production.”

You have to respect a man with those principles,@TuscaloosaQ

CT-Mike
02-27-2018, 05:58 AM
yes I am on my 3rd Shirley and have bought a new one every year , this one I might keep two years , lol . :laugh:

The only reason he’s keeping this one 2 years is because the wait list is that long.

BBQ Freak
02-27-2018, 06:31 AM
The only reason he’s keeping this one 2 years is because the wait list is that long.

No Paul builds mine and his wait time is not as long but he is acepting builds at this time .

LordRiffenstein
02-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Wow, that is going to be sweet. If I were in the US of A, I'd have a hard time not getting on the wait list.

Czarbecue
02-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Wow, that is going to be sweet. If I were in the US of A, I'd have a hard time not getting on the wait list.

Send in a deposit now and by the time you get approved for a travel visa and arrange for a freight home, your build time should be only 12 weeks away :heh:

bonz50
02-27-2018, 01:55 PM
When I picked mine up last March I asked Paul why he doesn’t bring on more staff. He said “Mike, I can’t find people who want to come to work every day, put in 8 hours, and take pride in their work. I am not willing to sacrifice quality to increase production.”

You have to respect a man with those principles,@TuscaloosaQ

my folks had a home built down there not terribly far from tuscaloosa, it took them about 1.5yr to get the home built cuz the builder could only get a full crew there about 2-3 days per week. during hunting season, fugeddaboudit. I love it down there, really I do and I will retire down there since wife and I have some land in the area, but I also know that they do not run on the same sense of urgency that I usually do up here in the nort. Nor do they seem to meet up with Tyler/Paul's standard for work ethic and quality/pride in craftsmanship. if I could weld worth a damn I'd go see if they needed some help cuz I totally would work the full shifts. sadly not my area of expertise, so i wait :D

Big George's BBQ
02-27-2018, 03:06 PM
That is going to be really Nice
Paul is a Class Act

LordRiffenstein
02-28-2018, 05:33 AM
Send in a deposit now and by the time you get approved for a travel visa and arrange for a freight home, your build time should be only 12 weeks away :heh:

:shock: :laugh: :laugh: