PDA

View Full Version : Buying sausage casings online?

killerasp
02-19-2018, 01:39 PM
Has anyone bought casings from this company before?

https://www.sausagemaker.com/natural-sausage-casings-s/1923.htm

Thoughts? Opinions?

Joshw
02-19-2018, 01:41 PM
yes, I have been a sausage maker customer for years. They are a great company. If casings are all you are wanting, and you are an Amazon prime member, you can get them from Amazon cheaper a lot of times. I also like Butcher-Packer.com. I use all 3, depending on what else I am buying, and shipping.

highball
02-19-2018, 01:54 PM
I buy mine from Syracuse Casing Co. http://www.makincasing.com/

100 yards of USA casings

thirdeye
02-19-2018, 01:55 PM
I have and they are better than the ones you get in smaller packages in retail stores. The quality of the gut is better (usually no thick and cloudy casings), and the sizing is more consistent. I've also used Butcher Packer casings. But for a number of years I've purchased from Syracuse Casing. Casings are their only business, and the casings are sourced from the USA. They have a wonderful selection of sizes (like within 2 or 3 mm) and they offer sheep gut in addition to pork gut. Their products are pre-flushed and come on the plastic sleeves, so all you do is soak and slip on the horn and pull the sleeve out. There are typically 8 or 10 sleeves in a bag and the life is 6 or 7 months, although I've never had any turn on me. I get the 24mm sheep for my hot dogs (these are more delicate than hog gut and have the "snap"), and either the 29mm or 32mm for my regular sausage. Here are some of my hot dogs in the sheep gut.

https://i.imgur.com/nFQuSNC.jpg

Cat797
02-19-2018, 01:58 PM
I'm another user of Syracuse Casings. They are the best I've found. I like to buy the pre-sleeved ones for ease of use.

Swine Spectator
02-19-2018, 02:38 PM
I have bought from all three companies. I think Syracuse has the best pricing for casings in bulk. However, Sausagemaker has more than just casings and really good customer service.

Here are two recent examples:
1. I had ordered some casings. I received a box with two large containers of their sausage seasonings and an invoice for someone else. I called and asked them if they could send the correct order and a return label for the seasonings. They apologized for the mixup, expedited my correct order, and told me to keep the seasonings for my inconvenience.
2. I ordered some spare parts for my meat grinder in November. They called me to tell me that the parts were on backorder and they were concerned that they might not be available in time for Christmas if I was buying them as a gift. I told them that the parts were for me and that it was no problem. I received the parts by priority mail on Christmas eve anyway.

Don't hesitate to buy from Sausagemaker. They're great.

David

IamMadMan
02-19-2018, 05:20 PM
I'm also a long time user of The Sausage Maker in Buffalo, NY.

I think their pre-mixes are top notch and always fresh. Never had an issue with the pork or sheep casings. I occasionally use the beef rounds for a thick polish farmers sausage, always on-time and high quality.

jdolor
02-19-2018, 05:22 PM
My go to.

I buy the pre-tubed casing and their country sausage mix is awesome.

killerasp
02-19-2018, 08:07 PM
I'm another user of Syracuse Casings. They are the best I've found. I like to buy the pre-sleeved ones for ease of use.

thank you im going to get some from syracuse casing. i graduated from syracuse so happy to support a local business.