PDA

View Full Version : Brisket glazes and sauces?

wahoowad
02-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Blasphemous I know, and ordinarily my briskets are fine with just a good rub. But sometimes i’ll have sections just a tad too dry that I think would be palatable eating sliced if I had a little sauce for it.

Commercial is preferred but maybe something not as heavy as most bbq sauces that seem more at home as rib glazes. Any sauces that compliment beef brisket and beefribs ???

Joshw
02-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Head Country

IamMadMan
02-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Agree ^ +1

I don't sauce the brisket, I think it should stand on it's own. However I do serve sauce on the side, and sometimes I find myself dipping part of a piece of brisket into the sauce. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. It's a matter of personal preference.

Head Country is good, Snow's is also a good brisket sauce. Both are thinner and not overly sweet.

pharp
02-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Another vote for Head Country. If you wrap, mixing in some of your liquid with the head country makes a nice glaze

thirdeye
02-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Blasphemous I know, and ordinarily my briskets are fine with just a good rub. But sometimes i’ll have sections just a tad too dry that I think would be palatable eating sliced if I had a little sauce for it.

Commercial is preferred but maybe something not as heavy as most bbq sauces that seem more at home as rib glazes. Any sauces that compliment beef brisket and beefribs ???

Have you ever tried a jazzed up aujus? I usually add some of the foil juices that accumulate during the rest, but this way you get kind of a beef-on-beef flavor.

Now, if you ever make (pork) ribs at the same time you're having brisket, and if you do a wrapped finish on the ribs with any of the following: thinned sauce, honey, Parkay, brown sugar, pepper jelly etc., save those foil juices and try them brushed on the brisket or served at the table. You can also mix the foil juices in with about any store-bought sauce. A BBQ competitor I know will save the rib juices and use them on the meat in the pork shoulder turn-in box, which adds a nice flavor. But when the same is used on brisket, it's one of those contrarian kind of flavor profiles (like sweet & sour pork) that is workable.

KenC52
02-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Sounds weird but my wife and I like either Sherry Vinegar or Malt Vinegar. Got the idea when eating at Pecan Lodge in Dallas. They had a vinegar sauce at the table that was a great compliment to their outstanding brisket. It is especially good on a sliced brisket sandwich, if you like tangy flavor.

Titch
02-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Maybe even more Blasphemous ,We use pan juices, and make onion gravy for ours.
Maybe an Aussie taste but our friends love it

Hoss
02-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Cattleman's used to make a Steakhouse variety that is the best sauce I ever tasted on beef.I have not been able to find it in several years.I now mix a coffee based rub with mayonnaise,heavy on the rub.Sounds funky but it tastes divine with beef.

Rockinar
02-11-2018, 07:32 PM
My new favorite is that Pellet Envy Eat BBQ sauce.

Jason TQ
02-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Another for head country. I like to cut sauces 50/50 with the au jus. Works great.

16Adams
02-11-2018, 08:47 PM
A friend gave me a bottle of this one time. It was good on everything. But seems for us it’s those Heinz multi packs, Stubbs Original and Sweet Heat and a home made Shack Sauce. At times I’m like a kid with a chemistry set. Add this, add more of this thin it etc etc. I often add black pepper and ACV

https://www.amazon.com/Maurices-Southern-Gold%C2%AE-BBQ-Sauce/dp/B00MR7IR0Y

frognot
02-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Gotta give another vote for Head Country with brisket.

WareZdaBeef
02-11-2018, 10:26 PM

You can't really glaze a brisket. Ribs are a whole other story. But with brisket, your best option is the cube for burnt ends, and use a glaze. But personally, i let the bark on my burnt ends speak for itself. But i use a sweet rub. Alot of folks on here use just S&P which you couldnt pay me to eat.

JS-TX
02-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Another vote for head country. Their new home style sauce is pretty tasty out of the bottle, haven't' tried it on meat just yet. Not too long ago at a family party I had some great brisket that was dunked in sauce. I asked my uncle and he said it was sweet baby rays with some added pepper. It was actually very good on brisket to my surprise.