PDA

View Full Version : New Rectec models

Dweverett
02-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Just announced three sizes. Largest adds height to the 680 which would make the second shelf more useful. Assuming itís also a bit deeper it will probably hold more food as thinks will fit better front to back. Iím guessing they will retire the original eventually.

All three have stainless cook chambers and a WiFi controller. Pretty nice product range now.

Rectecgrills.com

Free Mr. Tony
02-01-2018, 02:47 PM
I like the black large version. Much sharper than the original. The mid size one is kind of odd looking to me.

KevinJ
02-01-2018, 02:56 PM
The mid size one is kind of odd looking to me.It does look odd but I like the cook chamber size and pricing seems good for that size of grill.

Fizzerpilot
02-01-2018, 03:00 PM
I don’t have WiFi... but for $400 my Pit Boss has been rock solid, and 700sq in of cooking space is plenty. The new Austin XL is 1,000 sq in for $500...

Dweverett
02-01-2018, 04:18 PM
I’m not sure why they went with the octagon shape for the one either. Size is what a lot of folks had asked for though so might be popular.

Assuming the large one is a couple inches deeper and not just taller (not sure of its oval shaped or round) I’d really like it. Not sure I’ll sell the one I have to get it but the slightly larger size should allow for food (like ribs) to fit better.

Rockinar
02-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Why do they call them GRILLS when they don't grill?

Huskres
02-01-2018, 06:50 PM
You can grill. I've seen mine up around 550 degrees before. I do like that they went stainless body as my biggest complaint with my 680 is terrible paint issues and body rust.

jgbmgb
02-02-2018, 07:06 PM
These are awesome grills, smokers, outdoor ovens. Not only that but 6 years warranty and you get the guys personal cell numbers if you have problems. The best customer service I have seen anywhere. We had an original 680 and have sold it and ordered new with wifi. Check out all their videos and check all the positive reviews all over.