PDA

View Full Version : The DIRT Man is Back, DIRTY Pulled Pork

thedirtman
01-31-2018, 02:45 PM
It has been a long time since I posted. I am on the road a lot and to be honest I forget to post. I have been wanting to do pulled pork for awhile and found time to do one and post it. I have been working on a pulled pork where the meat's flavor really stands out and does not need any BBQ sauce. This Pork has so much flavor.

Not the best picture but it still looks great. Came out with a great bark.

I marinated the meat with Down and DIRTY Marinade,

I injected the pork with the Down and DIRTY marinade. I then put my new rub that has not hit the market yet called Salty Sailor all over the meat. I let it sit in the refrigerator over night.

I used Pecan and Apple wood and smoked it at 250 degrees in my Green Egg.

Kanco Connection
01-31-2018, 04:16 PM
Lookin good Dirt

BigKing
01-31-2018, 05:31 PM
Do you score it or are those just grate marks? Color looks awesome.

frognot
01-31-2018, 07:36 PM
Welcome back Todd!

Good lookin' pork butt here!

gtr
01-31-2018, 09:50 PM
I was only aware of the Todd's Dirt and the Bayou Dirt - both of which are great. Didn't know about the marinades - very cool!

Nice cookin' there!

Quick story - I was flying to Europe and was gonna meat Phubar Phor the Phirst time many years back. He wanted Todd's Dirt. I was leaving in a couple/Phew days so the time window was tight. I call the company, the Dirtman himself answers the phone, and he put the rush on & got it to me in time to take over there. I thought that was real cool. And Pharkin delicious.

ShadowDriver
01-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Welcome back! Good looking hunk of pork you've got there.

Curious to see how this plays out for you.

:pop2:

thedirtman
02-01-2018, 10:12 AM
I did not score the pork. Those are grill marks. I came out with Marinades about three years ago. The Down and DIRTY is a bold sweet heat marinade great on all meats and seafood. The Original Marinade is great on meats, Vegs and seafood.

Anyone interested in trying the new rub called Salty Sailor. Message me with your address and I will let you try it for free. It is a all purpose Texas style BBQ rub. I think it might be the best thing I have ever come out with.

garyk1398
02-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Nice pron Dirtman! Still love your original Dirt and use it weekly on rice!

Phubar
02-01-2018, 12:56 PM
I was only aware of the Todd's Dirt and the Bayou Dirt - both of which are great. Didn't know about the marinades - very cool!

Nice cookin' there!

Quick story - I was flying to Europe and was gonna meat Phubar Phor the Phirst time many years back. He wanted Todd's Dirt. I was leaving in a couple/Phew days so the time window was tight. I call the company, the Dirtman himself answers the phone, and he put the rush on & got it to me in time to take over there. I thought that was real cool. And Pharkin delicious.

Good to see you Dirtman!:-D

I'm a Dirtman since I tasted it!
Still rockin' it!:cool:

Honestly...I did a very good score on my picanha with "Dirt" back in 2011/12...during an European culinairy BBQ comp.

Gotta admit..GTR was/is my "Dirt" peddler for years. :cool:

thedirtman
02-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Hey Buddy,
I remember you and appreciate you liking my product and your previous post. Coming out with a new rub that I think is my best product I ever made. Not sure how I would send it to you over there. The place that used to carry it, changed ownership and does not respond to my emails. Hope all is well buddy,
Todd

Good to see you Dirtman!:-D

I'm a Dirtman since I tasted it!
Still rockin' it!:cool:

Honestly...I did a very good score on my picanha with "Dirt" back in 2011/12...during an European culinairy BBQ comp.

Gotta admit..GTR was/is my "Dirt" peddler for years. :cool:

gtr
02-02-2018, 11:29 AM
^^^iPh you buy me a plane ticket, I'll happily take it to him. :becky:

Tell you what - Phu did me a huge solid several weeks ago involving Chocomel, stroopwafel, and Phaja Lobi marinade :hungry: iPh you wanna get something to him, send it my way and I'll see that he gets it. And Phu - think oPh anything else you'd wanna get from here and let me know. We'll put a cool box together for you and Padawan. :cool:

frognot
02-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Todd-
Tried to PM ya but got this message: "thedirtman has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."