PDA

View Full Version : Wood Source

medic92
01-11-2018, 11:37 AM
If you're in the St. Louis area, this guy in Moscow Mills, MO is an excellent source of wood. I went down there yesterday and checked out his operation. He cuts, splits, debarks and seasons all the wood and his prices are reasonable. You can get chunks, splits and whole logs. If you give him enough notice, he'll cut the wood to your specifications. Heck of a nice guy. It's a cash-only operation.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/d/smoking-bbq-wood-cherry-apple/6415284284.html

This is some of the hickory I got from him yesterday:

Stlsportster
01-11-2018, 12:34 PM
I've looked at him before but thought it was expensive. I've also been able to find lots of places that will deliver and stack oak and hickory at my house. May be looking to add a small stack of cherry and he's on my list to call.

medic92
01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
I've looked at him before but thought it was expensive. I've also been able to find lots of places that will deliver and stack oak and hickory at my house. May be looking to add a small stack of cherry and he's on my list to call.

Make sure you don't have any immediate plans when you call him. He likes to talk.

Sources for me are limited here in small town land, so it was worth it for me to drive down there.