PDA

View Full Version : Costco vs Restaurant Depot Pricing

mcyork28
01-04-2018, 01:14 PM
I have a Restaurant Depot membership but I never go because it's an absolute nightmare for me to get to.

Pork butt is $2.89 a pound at the costco I go to. Can anybody tell me what Restaurant Depot charges?

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Joshw
01-04-2018, 01:17 PM
And I thought I was getting ripped off at $1.99. I think it will depend on location in the country. I see a lot of posts, on cheap beef, and that doesn't exist in my area. Strange, because I live in a huge cattle area.

Burnt at Both Endz
01-04-2018, 01:29 PM
http://www.restaurantdepot.com/flyers

You can download an ad from your store, sometimes they have them on it.

PatAttack
01-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Try giving them a call...

sudsandswine
01-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Last time I was there at the KCMO RD, pork butts were like $1.19/lb bulk price, but their prices do fluctuate. I can get Smithfield Prime Reserve at Sam's for $1.68/lb usually.

It's about 30 minutes driving to get to RD and 1/3rd that for Sam's or Costco, so I only bother with RD if I'm trying to find something that neither Sam's or Costco carries, or I'm buying a larger amount.

I think the RD angus briskets were $2.68ish/lb when I was there, while Costco has the IBP Prime packers for $2.99lb.

Jason TQ
01-04-2018, 01:46 PM
Check out the flyer that Burnt pointed out. Regions vary especially with brisket pricing. For me here in the southeast RD is cheaper for Butts, Ribs, Brisket (though I now normally get Costco prime since RD doesn't carry prime by me and prime is only about $.30-.40 more which is worth it to me).

Chicken you have to buy 40lb cases of at my RD so it can be hard to justify the savings even with my garage fridge/freezer. I do love the spices, cheese selection and a few other things like kitchen gadgets that Costco can't touch in price.....or carry for that matter. I'm luckly to have Costco, Sams and RD all pretty close to me so I can drive to multiple.

mcyork28
01-04-2018, 01:49 PM
THANKS!!!

Followed this link and realized they opened another location at some point that is a lot easier to get to.

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/flyers

You can download an ad from your store, sometimes they have them on it.

IamMadMan
01-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Also keep in mind that the COSTCO pork butts are boneless butts, 2 to a package. Thus you will pay a higher price. I haven't used them for pulled pork, but they are great for a lot of other food items where the bone needs to be removed, such as Buckboard Bacon...

ulc
01-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Also keep in mind that the COSTCO pork butts are boneless butts, 2 to a package. Thus you will pay a higher price. I haven't used them for pulled pork, but they are great for a lot of other food items where the bone needs to be removed, such as Buckboard Bacon...

That's true for regular Costco but business Costco carries both boneless and bone-in. The business Costco is more comparable to Restaurant Depot. Bone-in is $1.49 /lb and boneless is $1.89 /lb at business Costco.

HouseDoc
01-04-2018, 03:19 PM
1.39 lb at my RD today. Slightly higher if you dont buy the case. Read their fine print in ads.

Beentown
01-04-2018, 07:27 PM
That's true for regular Costco but business Costco carries both boneless and bone-in. The business Costco is more comparable to Restaurant Depot. Bone-in is $1.49 /lb and boneless is $1.89 /lb at business Costco.That is what my regular Costco pricing is before case pricing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jason TQ
01-04-2018, 07:53 PM
That's true for regular Costco but business Costco carries both boneless and bone-in. The business Costco is more comparable to Restaurant Depot. Bone-in is $1.49 /lb and boneless is $1.89 /lb at business Costco.

Unfortunately there aren't many of the Business ones (site says 17 in the US). One day if I'm around I'll have to check out Morrow.

ulc
01-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately there aren't many of the Business ones (site says 17 in the US). One day if I'm around I'll have to check out Morrow.

Morrow location is definitely worth visiting. Last time I went, I paid $1.80 /lb for discounted select Tri-tip. I don't normally buy select grade beef but I couldn't pass it up at that price.
https://i.imgur.com/shBY5Ch.jpg

sudsandswine
01-05-2018, 12:04 AM

Seems to be regional then - my "normal" Costco's around here carry both boneless and bone in. I haven't really paid much attention to Costco's case pricing, I'll have to consider that sometime.

Beentown
01-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Seems to be regional then - my "normal" Costco's around here carry both boneless and bone in. I haven't really paid much attention to Costco's case pricing, I'll have to consider that sometime.When their brisket was $3.99 the case price was $2.58....$2.42 now with an everyday of $2.99

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mcyork28
01-05-2018, 09:52 AM
When their brisket was $3.99 the case price was $2.58....$2.42 now with an everyday of $2.99

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkDo you have to ask for case pricing? I don't remember seeing it posted anyplace.

ulc
01-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Do you have to ask for case pricing? I don't remember seeing it posted anyplace.

There's usually a sign with the prices posted on the wall by the meat department. Like this picture. If you buy the case, you'll automatically get the case pricing. But at business center Costco, you get case pricing if you buy single or the case.
https://prod-cdn.thekrazycouponlady.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/costco-meat-by-the-case-copy.png