PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Phubar
12-22-2017, 05:01 AM
Tonight Iberico rack,tomorrow don't know yet,sunday grilling on an electric griddle inside the house.

Have Phun y'alls!:cool:

Stingerhook
12-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Chicken Sunday, rib roast Monday. Enjoy your Christmas Phu.

Neil
12-22-2017, 06:30 AM
Smoked pork belly tonight for an appetizer to take to the neighbor's Christmas party. Smoking a whole pork loin for Christmas dinner on Monday. Took a half loin to work last Wednesday after a ten day brine and 4.5 hour smoke on the WSM with pecan. Soooo tender and delicious.

sliding_billy
12-22-2017, 07:05 AM
Happy Phriday, Pholks! Not sure what is on the menu for the weekend or holiday yet, but I will figure something out LOL!

frognot
12-22-2017, 07:34 AM
One of these days hope to post in this thread before Chris (sliding_billy) but it hasn't happened yet.

Smoking a turkey to take to a work pot-luck Christmas night. Last minute deal so didn't have time to order Naturiffic Harvest Brine (https://www.naturiffic.com/product2/harvest-brine) so doing an overnight wet brine. Note to self: buy the one lb package next time.

Phu, thanks for doing this thread every week and would like to wish Merry Christmas to you and Padawan. Miss "y'alls" and hope to meet up with you again in the future. A friend is going to Amsterdam in a couple of months and said she'll bring me back some stroopwafels.

Sid Post
12-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Not sure with the rain but, yesterday I christened a new to me 14" WSM with two hams in it! Thinking I might do some Chicken if the rain lets up over the weekend.

zippy12
12-22-2017, 08:06 AM
Gonna teach a noob about smoking pork butt on the UDS Saturday (his wife is getting him a 22.5 Webber Kettle for xmas).. Rib roast Monday.. maybe some smoked chicken thighs Sunday..

BTW Sat is going to be Sunny and 70F..... nice!

LordRiffenstein
12-22-2017, 08:13 AM
I'm off until Jan 2nd so plenty of time for Q-ing!!

I just pulled these of the grill.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171222/8a0277a13093f3936634454b2612a442.jpg

And now I have wings on there!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171222/e65f4b62d140ac8d46583713850c87cd.jpg

Tonight we'll be having some Angus beef steaks.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

AussieMatt
12-22-2017, 08:34 AM
Happy Phriday Phu and pharkers!

I'm doing another Dr Chickens double smoked ham tomorrow because I'm almost out and we need some chunks and the bone for bean soup.

Aveagoodweekend and Merry Christmas!

Phubar
12-22-2017, 08:57 AM
One of these days hope to post in this thread before Chris (sliding_billy) but it hasn't happened yet.

Smoking a turkey to take to a work pot-luck Christmas night. Last minute deal so didn't have time to order Naturiffic Harvest Brine (https://www.naturiffic.com/product2/harvest-brine) so doing an overnight wet brine. Note to self: buy the one lb package next time.

Phu, thanks for doing this thread every week and would like to wish Merry Christmas to you and Padawan. Miss "y'alls" and hope to meet up with you again in the future. A friend is going to Amsterdam in a couple of months and said she'll bring me back some stroopwafels.

Still miss all y'alls as well!
If you ever need a stroopwafel Phix just let me know Brother!:cool:

dadsr4
12-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Merry Christmas to you! Untrimmed spares today, rest of the weekend-who knows?

upStomp
12-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Brought in BB Ribs for the Christmas party at work today. Probably doing split chickens tomorrow. I'll be winging it (literally and figuratively) for the rest of the weekend.

Smoking Piney
12-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Pork tenderloin loin tonight. The Christmas feast will be filet mignon, grilled scallops, lobster, roasted new potatoes, and grilled asparagus. :-D

greenmountainsmoke
12-22-2017, 09:32 AM
Wings and steak satay for when the family comes over on Christmas Eve.

Kanco Connection
12-22-2017, 09:36 AM
2 tomahawks tonight. Brisket tomorrow. Apparently I need more cholesterol.

BBQ Bacon
12-22-2017, 09:38 AM
I'll be smoking a ham on Sunday for a family dinner party that night. The ham is already cooked, I'm just adding some smoke flavour with a maple mustard glaze.

okiej
12-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Probably chicken wings for the games. Then spare ribs. Turkey breast for Christmas. Or whatever I see that gets me excited :)

lastmajordude
12-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Paging Dr Phu....and all the rest of you dude/dudettes.......Our christmas comes on sat so kids can get home with grandkids....but because of you wonderful smokeaholics I got a choice grade brisket, trimmed, seasoned....and sitting wrapped in fridge. Tonight late I’ll fire the Hunsaker up, throw it on till early Sat when I’ll get up and wrap in butcher and finish cook or rest depending on doneness. I say all this confidently and without too much worry because I UNDERSTAND certain cooking principles, that I learned HERE...I say all this tipping my hat to all the wonderful folks on here. Everything I mentioned I LEARNED FROM THE GIVING BRETHREN! So If I don’t get back before the actual holiday......Thank y’all so much, WISDOM and LAUGHING and FOOD are three of the most beautiful things to share IMO and I have received all from this site...... So Thanks again to all you guys and gals......have a happy, SAFE, peaceful holiday......
KB
“The Dude"

Hoss
12-22-2017, 07:08 PM
3 hams for donation for meals to be delivered by church.Beef tenderloin and pork tenderloin for Christmas Eve dinner with family.

Mikhail
12-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Christmas Eve 10 lb packer, KISS hot and fast. What makes it special is it was requested by my daughter. Train up a child in the way they should eat...

Stingerhook
12-22-2017, 07:21 PM
3 hams for donation for meals to be delivered by church.Beef tenderloin and pork tenderloin for Christmas Eve dinner with family.
Thank you phor what you are doing and enjoy the phamily dinner.

Evil-g
12-22-2017, 07:44 PM
On Sunday I'm doing a brisket for a buddy, corned beef (pastrami) and wings. On Monday a small 6.5 rib roast. May just throw that in the smoker with everything else

Rusty Kettle
12-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Well going to go soak my Buckboard bacon in ice water and then smoke it. Chill it after its done on the 270 and slice for Christmas morning breakfast. Probably using apple wood and hickory mix for smoke.

gtr
12-23-2017, 01:01 AM
Will be cooking up stuPh Phor tamale Philling (& making tamales) tomorrow - never done it bePhore so hopePhully they'll turn out good. Doing a couple ducks and a rib roast on Christmas. And wings.

Happy Phriday, weekend, Christmas & Holidays to Phu & crew and all y'all Pharkers!

lastmajordude
12-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Woke up to driving rain, TOO DARN WARM!!...walked to cooking area and BAM!!!..there that wonderful lil drum was “gining” away at 275. Flat is about 183. Color was not enough bark for some reason but it looks like a good one. I’ll drink some coffee and start “Squishing” ...AAron Franklins term!!...when it gets “squishy” enough for me I’ll put it to bed till the inlaws, outlaws, and any other vagrant that’s in the area comes through. We shall see in a bit. Thanks again smokers, the ease of cooking has made holidays more enjoyable. Pics later if I don’t crash and burn!!..

cowgirl
12-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Smoked crab legs and grilled ribeye for Christmas dinner. Also have a fresh white tail tenderloin in the fridge calling my name...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Phu and Brethren! :-D