PDA

View Full Version : Dietary restriction rub

prodano
12-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Hello all,

My brother in law has ulcerative colitis which means he can not have certain spices including paprika, chili powder, or anything from bell peppers. Does anybody have a recommendation for a rub that might be compatible? Any protein beef, pork, chicken, seafood, will work.

Czarbecue
12-15-2017, 06:17 PM
You should start with equal parts salt and pepper and a dash of granulated to start.

Westx
12-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Check out Amazingribs.com and check their rubs and modify to suit yourself.

prodano
12-15-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm giving my 2 favorite rubs to the rest of my family (Plowboys Yardbird and my own rub), but may just end up making a simple rub for my brother in law rather than buy a commercially available one. I searched bigpoppasmokers.com and didn't find any that met these requirements.

SirPorkaLot
12-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Iím gonna put a plug in for Naturiffic here. Our Gourmet Salts were designed specifically for that reason. My wife also has similar issues and canít eat anything with peppers, tomato or potato in it.

You will find our whole line of products will fit his needs (except for our Hot Salt)

prodano
12-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Iím gonna put a plug in for Naturiffic here. Our Gourmet Salts were designed specifically for that reason. My wife also has similar issues and canít eat anything with peppers, tomato or potato in it.

You will find out whole line of products will fit his needs (except for our Hot Salt)

Great, thank you!