PDA

View Full Version : covers when transporting your rigs

W.I.T.W.A.G?
12-13-2017, 01:15 PM
Does anybody ever use a cover for their unit while transporting on an open trailer? Considering having a cover made for my cabinet and thinking through options. Any feedback is appreciated, Thanks

Westx
12-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Grommets on the bottom so you can connect them under the bottom to keep it from coming off.

Pocchampion
12-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Be careful not to shred the cover. It has to be really well secured and any little tear will grow as you head down the highway.

Notorious Q.U.E.
12-13-2017, 08:46 PM
CovePoint Covers aka grillwraps.com makes a helluva cover.

I plunked down my hard-earned lucre for my 2nd custom cover from them. Bill Donohue is their owner and he will respond usually the same day via e-mail. The covers are a breathable Sunbrella material with the color of your choice. It has reinforced snap belts that cinch down around your cooker. It also has a long zipper to aid in taking off and putting back on the cover.

They're more expensive but they come with a 10-year guarantee and they're better than anything I've encountered

BBQ Freak
12-13-2017, 09:25 PM
buy a roll of industrial shrink wrap and wrap by hand , just a thought .

W.I.T.W.A.G?
12-14-2017, 04:16 PM
thanks for the feedback! The cover maker I met with also brought up that transporting with a cover on might not be the best idea. Going to add on a zipper and grommets on the bottom, thanks so much