PDA

View Full Version : Caution: Pig Candy Construction Notes

beerguy
03-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Just a word to the wise. In the process of making pig candy, make sure you know where you're cayenne red pepper resides. I'd also double check that the bacon is definitely cooking over "indirect heat" just in case you get distracted. Its been discussed, priced and set as a goal to upgrade our kitchen especially our cabinets. This has not yet come to fruition. If one has cabinets such as ours, (no room) be very careful sliding spices to one side or the other as you hunt for the elusive red cayenne container. If you leave the other door open to the double cabinet without enough room, a bottle of basamic vinegar might find its way to the countertop some 18 inches under said cabinet. If its a glass container, it MAY break, especially if it hits a glass measuring cup on the way down. I caution you about this because as you are distracted cleaning up said mess from say your counter, your floor, your toaster oven and/or your brown sugar waiting to to induced with cayenne pepper, one's bacon may catch FIRE in your haste to make everything right inside the castle. Be careful running outside, that vinegar and small shards of glass on the floor can be unsafe.

Don't ask me how I know all this, I'm just putting this out as a general precaution. ( It wasn't as bad as Phils disaster with the Dr Pepper mainade but use your imagination, it was just as funny)

There will be NO PICTURES of the pig candy today.

Markbb
03-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Do'nt mean any disrespect but that is funny a whole comdy of errors maybe next time:-P

jpw23
03-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't mean to find pleasure in your pain but......BWAAAAAAhahahahahahahaaa! Sorry about your pig candy(snark) sorry about your vinegar(chuckle)....really dude...I am sorry(heeeheee):biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bigmista
03-25-2007, 03:23 PM
That is really sad. Are you all right?

OK, it was really hard typing that with a straight face.

Blutch
03-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Fark Fark Fark Fark!

I KNEW i farking forgot something today making my first batch of pig candy!

I made it without cayenne! All I did was put brown sugar on it. I think I also gave it too much smoke.. I was waiting for it to get hard and it didn't.. until I took it off the smoker.

I'm going to do another batch right now while the chucks are finishing..

At least I didn't spill/break anything. ;-)

B

beerguy
03-25-2007, 04:41 PM
See, its a good thing I posted this. As far as waiting for it to get hard... well thats another story..see a doctor. Good luck finding your cayenne pepper.

Jaberwabee
03-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I had similar ordeal, but to make a long story short, spilled a whole bowl of a rub I made into 2 Cheescakes waiting to go in the oven. Wife=Not happy.

Brauma
03-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Let me just say: I hate it when that happens! :lol:

Brauma
03-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Fark I was waiting for it to get hard and it didn't.. until I took it off the smoker.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.:wink: Ive got a friend who swears by this stuff.

http://www.gojiberries.us/productimages/images/goji_juice_lg.jpg

Its all Im sayin.

Mooner
03-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Well at least there was no farkin Phwooosh!

jacob
03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Sound's like you had an interesting day. Since your ok I just got to say :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BfL

big brother smoke
03-26-2007, 08:53 AM
funny chit mod!

tony76248
03-26-2007, 09:00 AM
The best part is that you got to share it with us and we get to smile too.

rookiedad
03-26-2007, 09:12 AM
aha! another pig candy fire incident. i tried making a small amount of it in my toaster oven and set that thing on fire too!

phil

beerguy
03-26-2007, 10:47 AM
BBQ Joe showed us how good it looked, but didnt warn us of these pitfalls. Hope you needed a new toaster oven anyway. Note to myself, pick up a new bottle of basamic vinagar. Look for a plastic bottle one!

Arlin_MacRae
03-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Too farkin' funny! Hopefully when I make my first batch this week I won't have to drop and break chit...!

DaChief
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear it but thanks for the smile!!! :biggrin:

jsimonson0
03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
That is really sad. Are you all right?

OK, it was really hard typing that with a straight face.

That's just messed up when people are genuinely concerned for your well-being, and are wiping tears of laughter from their faces. Kinda like I am right now...:lol:

beerguy
03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
For the record I saved the bacon, and it was good! The toaster oven survived, but still smells a little of vinegar when you cook a bagal and I still need to replace the vinegar bottle. No one got hurt, nobody went hungry and it was funny after the cussing. My next door neibor had family in town from Buffalo and I gave him some candy. He moaned like he just had an orgasasm, then told me he didnt even like bacon, but this was great. I took more over for his Mom and sister and they really liked it. gotta make more soon.

BBQ_MAFIA
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
For the record I saved the bacon, and it was good! The toaster oven survived, but still smells a little of vinegar when you cook a bagal and I still need to replace the vinegar bottle.

I'm glad the Pig Candy turned out OK and that you didn't get hurt.

Who knows, maybe your on to something with the Vinegar Bagal thing.
Well probalby not....