PDA

View Full Version : Assassin 48...getting my build together.

Beentown
12-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Any owners wanna give any pointers before I turn in my build sheet? Thinking v pan, adapter for my IQ 110 and d loops for tie downs with a red door. (too match my modified trailered Shirley and truck). Anything else I should add? It is hopefully going to replace my three kettles and drum on my porch and clean it up a bit.

Can you run the charcoal pan in the top slot for high heat searing?

Could I skip the v-pan and run the water pan dry with drip pans in it while smoking?

How many full size hotel pans fit on the bottom shelf?

Didn't see any cover options...what are you using?

Smokey Lonesome
12-03-2017, 06:05 PM
If I recall, Jeff does not recommend running the water pan without water.

Beentown
12-03-2017, 06:15 PM
If I recall, Jeff does not recommend running the water pan without water.Yeah, I have Jeff a message to stop by and answer some questions when he gets time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BBQ Freak
12-03-2017, 06:59 PM
If I recall, Jeff does not recommend running the water pan without water.

I think he meaning Jeff the owner of Assassin

Yeah, I have Jeff a message to stop by and answer some questions when he gets time.

I have never used the water pan and do not believe in water in cookers and have never had a moisture issue but if you use the water pan with nothing in it I have heard from people that it will wrap real bad . I do not think you will have a problem searing as in grill mode you can get very hot and then finish cooking off to the side and the V-Pan is a must for indirect smoking and can get 14 hour cooks with a straight maze down and back . check out my you tube vides for cooks and I am honest of what works and what does not .

Beentown
12-03-2017, 07:05 PM
I think he meaning Jeff the owner of Assassin

I have never used the water pan and do not believe in water in cookers and have never had a moisture issue but if you use the water pan with nothing in it I have heard from people that it will wrap real bad . I do not think you will have a problem searing as in grill mode you can get very hot and then finish cooking off to the side and the V-Pan is a must for indirect smoking and can get 14 hour cooks with a straight maze down and back . check out my you tube vides for cooks and I am honest of what works and what does not .I haven't found the description of rack sizes on the 48....how many hotel pans fit on the bottom rack?

BBQ Freak
12-03-2017, 07:44 PM
I haven't found the description of rack sizes on the 48....how many hotel pans fit on the bottom rack?

you can get three on the bottom but have to fold down the lip of the pan on one end and two pans on the top .

JS-TX
12-03-2017, 09:05 PM
My used 36 came with a water pan that I still haven't used. It's warped probably from running it dry. I do have the v-pan and been happy with it. I would consider getting half size charcoal trays, the 36 is pretty heavy.

slim2061
12-04-2017, 11:52 AM
+1 on what BBQ Freak said.