PDA

View Full Version : Not Turkey again

Joshw
12-03-2017, 04:50 PM
I apologize for yet another turkey post, but I purchased a Big Easy SRG, on a pre black Friday sale, and thought it was only fitting, for the first thing it cooked, be a turkey. I have been curious of the infared fryers, ever since I seen one. I was very skeptical, but after reading some posts, on this site, I couldn't help myself. I am not disappointed! Thank You Toast, for your great post on the Big Easy. I can say without a doubt, this is the juiciest turkey I have ever had. I was feeling lazy, so I just injected with some Tony Chachere's Creole Butter and Jalapeno Marinade. Then salted with some Naturiffic Qsalt, and threw it into the cooker.

First I want to say, if you haven't got any Qsalt, you need to get some. I wasn't sure how it would go with poultry, but it is Fantastic! I can only imagine what it is gong to be like on beef.

The turkey got a little dark, I opened the lid after an hour and a half, but I should have opened it sooner. The wood chip box is horrible. Once the cooker heated up, I needed the jaws of life to get it out of the cooker. I added some apple wood pellets, and it did seem to add a little smoke, but this isn't for smoking. Anyway, enough rambling. Here is a 20lb bird cooked in a hair over 2 hours. I cooked until breast was 165, then let rest for 45 minutes in the cooker.

Big George's BBQ
12-03-2017, 05:04 PM
Looking Good I like TBE and QSalt Mike did a really good job with that thread on TBE It should be a stcky

SirPorkaLot
12-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Looks great!

I enjoy turkey.
Was gonna cook one for my family coming in later this week, but we decided on double smoked ham instead.

Joshw
12-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Looks great!

I enjoy turkey.
Was gonna cook one for my family coming in later this week, but we decided on double smoked ham instead.

Thanks, I am actually not a turkey fan, but this one might have changed my mind. I can't believe how juicy it was. And your Qsalt is a game changer. Seriously, I am glad I got the 1lb bag. I couldn't slice this stuff fast enough.