PDA

View Full Version : Hasty-Bake as a smoker?

EdLo
12-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Good afternoon brothers. My brother-in-law is asking me about a Hasty Bake. I am not familiar with them. I always thought it was a charcoal grill. He wanted my opinion of it being a smoker. I have no knowledge of its capabilities as a grill or smoker. Does anyone have any knowledge that I could share with him? I told him I would ask, but I shot him a few youtube links to view.

Also Thanks to Brethren, I am going to buy 2 of the WSM 22s to tinker with and eventually to compete. I will also stick with my Pellet smoker.

Ed

PatAttack
12-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Jeanie (aka cowgirl) has one. You should see the food coming off of hers.

Then again, it is cowgirl, after all.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-cook-on-hasty-bake-gourmet.html

Ag76
12-03-2017, 05:58 PM
I think you will like your WSMs. They are great.

electron_si
12-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Burn co BBQ uses Hasty Bakes exclusively and they hit top ten BBQ lists frequently. Having been there I can attest to the food.

I think a HB would do fine for smoking

EdLo
12-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Burn co BBQ uses Hasty Bakes exclusively and they hit top ten BBQ lists frequently. Having been there I can attest to the food.

I think a HB would do fine for smoking

Thanks for this information. I will look up information on Burn BBQ Co.

jimbloomfield
12-03-2017, 11:02 PM
We use one it can smoke or grill. No well insulated,so they use a little charcoal. We love ours. The used market can be good

ColoradoSmoke
12-04-2017, 09:53 AM
We use one it can smoke or grill. No well insulated,so they use a little charcoal. We love ours. The used market can be good

+1 - I have one and it smokes great. It does use a little more fuel but nothing crazy. I use mine to grill and smoke all the time - super versatile. I'm still buying a stick burner but I will always keep my Hasty.

LostArrow
12-04-2017, 09:49 PM
It’s a great grill, thick grates close together, great for grilling veggies & seafood.
It’s a good smoker. It functions as a vertical smoker. Heat is about 24 in below meat & has a heat deflector. For long unattended cooks works well with fuse method.
There’s a Facebook page “forum” with lots of information.

okiej
12-04-2017, 10:09 PM
"Burn co BBQ uses Hasty Bakes exclusively and they hit top ten BBQ lists frequently. Having been there I can attest to the food."

Beat me to it. :-D

ArnieTex
12-04-2017, 11:20 PM
I own two now and just ordered a third one, even cook competitions on mine. It will run with any stick burner once you learn how to use it. Much more versatile and easy to clean than drums.

70monte
12-05-2017, 01:00 PM
I recently bought a used one but have not smoked anything on it yet but the Hasty Bake Grill Community group on Facebook has a lot of information about this grill and most of the people on there smoke on theirs on a regular basis.