PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Based Rubs or Sauces?

Stlsportster
12-03-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm in Milwaukee for a few days for a funeral. While I'm here are there any local rubs or sauces I should get to take home?

I'm good with the local beer options... :heh:

effinUker
12-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Saz's is from Milwaukee. I've never tried it but I see it at my local Schnucks and keep feeling like I need to give it a try.

https://sazs.com/

Stlsportster
12-03-2017, 01:39 PM
I've had Saz's ribs. Not bad. Have to see if the local store carries the rub.
Thanks

Free Mr. Tony
12-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Not necessarily BBQ related, but I would highly recommend going to the spicehouse. I haven't been to the Milwaukee location, but I could spend a couple hours in the Chicago location. They have tasters for everything, and some really good stuff. Similar to Penzeys so if you have been there it may not be as exciting. I'm partial to some of the Spice house offerings over Penzeys even though they are mostly very similar.

Harmony BBQ
12-03-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm not a big fan of Saz's - your call on that one. On the other hand, Milwaukee Ale House and Lakefront Brewery are certainly worth checking out!

LYU370
12-03-2017, 05:40 PM
If you've got time, check out International Exports Ltd. 779 Front St. Fun place. :wink:

Just up the alley from the Bronz Fonz.

Stlsportster
12-03-2017, 06:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of Saz's - your call on that one. On the other hand, Milwaukee Ale House and Lakefront Brewery are certainly worth checking out!

Yup. Been to both of those. Great brews!

MisterChrister
12-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Secret Stadium Sauce. It's made for use at Brewers Games. I'd say it's similar to a KC style sauce, only different! :)

Beef
12-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Col. Pabst Worcestershire sauce.
Also, Delafield brewhaus has a bbq sauce. check a local store. Delafield is a hike to the west.

Stlsportster
12-03-2017, 11:33 PM
I'm right around the corner from you Beef. I'm in Mequon.

Beef
12-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Sorry on the funeral part! I hope you enjoyed your stay!
Cedarburg is a very quaint tourist town with mostly stone buildings downtown. It was recently voted one of the top 10 christmas towns in the US. Swing through if you can. We even have a brewpub in a 160+ year old grist mill/limestone building.

Cheers

Stlsportster
12-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Sorry on the funeral part! I hope you enjoyed your stay!
Cedarburg is a very quaint tourist town with mostly stone buildings downtown. It was recently voted one of the top 10 christmas towns in the US. Swing through if you can. We even have a brewpub in a 160+ year old grist mill/limestone building.

Cheers

I've been through there many times. I bought my Harley from Suburban in Thiensville. :)

coachop94
12-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Speed Queen BBQ sauce. Local BBQ place don't know if they have a rub they sell but, the sauce is in the local grocery stores. Pick & Save is one of the stores there are others. BTW I'm from Milwaukee.

LYU370
12-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Col. Pabst Worcestershire sauce.
Hmmm... Sounds interesting and it's available below the Cheddar Curtain. Will have to pick up a bottle to try out.