PDA

View Full Version : Cooking woods near Glasgow,KY

dlizard
11-30-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm moving just outside of Glasgow,KY and I wanted to know if anyone out there has a good source for quality bbq woods near there. Thanks,dlizard

Pappy Q
11-30-2017, 04:37 AM
I'm moving just outside of Glasgow,KY and I wanted to know if anyone out there has a good source for quality bbq woods near there. Thanks,dlizard

Welcome to the Great State we call Kentucky, home of fast women, beautiful horses and the nectar of the Gods known as Bourbon. I’m very familiar with Glasgow and your best bet would be to check with the couple of local BBQ restaurants to see who they use. Probably going to be a local farmer who cuts wood as a side line. Hang around at the local tractor dealer or Soithern States store and they can probably refer you to someone.

SmoothBoarBBQ
11-30-2017, 12:47 PM
I always recommend using Craigslist and searching firewood in your general area. Looks like about an hour west of Glasgow you've got a city called Russellville which has some good firewood available.

https://bgky.craigslist.org/grd/d/firewood-for-sale/6402299800.html

Pappy Q made a good suggestion as well, though if there isn't a ton of wood vendors in the general area I'm not sure how quickly they will be to give up their source. I had really good luck talking to farmers at the Farmers Market in my area. They all knew a guy who could help me out and now I've got a very reliable "wood guy" who has oak, pecan, and maple at all times, and every now and again he gives me a call when he gets some pear wood in.

Good luck!

DoxieDad
12-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Welcome to Kentucky, you should not have any trouble finding plenty places to get wood.

Kybigmac
12-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Welcome to Ky. Man your moving a long way,hope everything goes well. You moving for a job or family? Anyway there are plenty of different types of wood here and lots of people who cut it. It shouldn’t take too long to find a good source.