PDA

View Full Version : Buying just a brisket point?

wahoowad
11-29-2017, 07:56 PM
Just watched a video of T-roy Cooks smoking a point. It occurs to me that I don't recall seeing only a point for sale anywhere, just whole flat+point or flat only.

For example, today in Costco I saw (and bought) a whole Prime flat+point (a packer?) and also saw lots of individual Choice flats. Where are all those points?

I think a point would provide me the amount of meat I am looking for since it is usually just me eating on it.

Jason TQ
11-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Burger meat?

Haole Pete
11-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Have you tried an actual butcher shop/meat market?

I found a local butcher shop that will sell just the point (for a buck/lb LESS than the flat :thumb:) which is awesome.

I'm in the same boat where I don't necessarily need 14 lbs of meat all at once...

el luchador
11-29-2017, 08:53 PM
Kroger has points sometimes.

mtime7
11-29-2017, 09:29 PM
The Albertsons around here trim a packer and cut it into 3 sections, point and 2 flat pieces and sells them for a little extra. I have been meaning to ask the butcher at the Commissary, they always have a trimmed flat out, but no point, they must be doing something with it, my guess is hamburger.

KORND4WG X
11-29-2017, 09:32 PM
Just watched a video of T-roy Cooks smoking a point. It occurs to me that I don't recall seeing only a point for sale anywhere, just whole flat+point or flat only.

For example, today in Costco I saw (and bought) a whole Prime flat+point (a packer?) and also saw lots of individual Choice flats. Where are all those points?

I think a point would provide me the amount of meat I am looking for since it is usually just me eating on it.

My Costco has the prime points. I bought the 2 that I saw last time I was there :thumb:

wahoowad
11-29-2017, 11:20 PM
My Costco has the prime points. I bought the 2 that I saw last time I was there :thumb:

Are they simply labeled as brisket point?

Seefyre
11-29-2017, 11:55 PM
We have a chain here in the Northwest that sells them (WinCo Foods), they are labeled as brisket points. Problem is they are more $$$ per pound than the packer. But since I really only like the point, I grab them

Pappy Q
11-30-2017, 03:39 AM
Online at Mister Brisket, ask for Hank

MeatyOakerSmoker
11-30-2017, 07:18 AM

Your Costco must steak my Costco’s points. We don’t have packers or points only flats.

Hinds15
11-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Got one from Kroger's about 2 weeks ago.