PDA

View Full Version : Rest/cambro for turkey...

Beentown
11-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Anyone do an extended rest or hold on whole turkeys? Would like to get the birds finished up tomorrow early and hold for 2-3 hours in my Cambro.

I prefer to hold my briskets and pork for extended times (6+ hours) but poultry I have never went very long at all.

Any input?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dweverett
11-24-2017, 10:41 PM
Almost tested it yesterday when my turkey finished an hour and a half before I really wanted it to. Ended up just putting some foil over it and leaving it in the oven on warm. Wasn't completely happy with the results. No idea if the cooler would have been better or not

BBQ Nuts
11-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Had 2 turkeys in a cambro for 3 hours and they turned out great. Still juicy... only downside is the skin softens up a bit.

Conlan
11-25-2017, 12:10 AM
Rested ours in the poor man's cambro (ice chest) wrapped in foil and a towel like I do with my ribs for 90 mins. yesterday. Worked perfect and no one got sick :)

PapaFat
11-25-2017, 12:39 AM
Rested one in a cambro for 3 hours. It was steaming hot and juicy when it came out. No problems and got lots of accolades from the guests.

Beentown
11-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Thanks all. I figured that it would be fine just wanted to here some first hand experience. I suspected that the skin would lose its crispness. I am ok with that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk