PDA

View Full Version : Quartered my turkeys.. have a couple questions.

silverfinger
11-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Hey Brethren,
I quartered some turkeys tonight, dropped them in aluminum trays, covered, stuck them in the fridge for the night and will season the turkey in the morning.

There should be no issues from doing that, correct?

Oh yeah, happy thanksgiving!! :thumb:

Happy Hapgood
11-22-2017, 09:15 PM
I do not see any problem at all. Happy Thanksgiving!

tom b
11-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a solid plan Ray, Happy Thanksgiving!

Norm
11-22-2017, 09:20 PM
That's how I do them when quartered, good luck Ray!

silverfinger
11-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Thanks!! I'm always worried about getting everyone sick.

Smoking 6 birds.
Going to be on my Klose smoker using Oak.

Any tips on seasoning?
I'm going to inject these with butter then season with kosher salt, pepper and granulated garlic.

Happy Hapgood
11-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Thanks!! I'm always worried about getting everyone sick.

Smoking 6 birds.
Going to be on my Klose smoker using Oak.

Any tips on seasoning?
I'm going to inject these with butter then season with kosher salt, pepper and granulated garlic.

Nice injection! Ann bought a turkey 4 days ago and we put it in the fridge to thaw. Forgot to check it. It has thawed very little. I've got it in the sink in a cold water bath as I have to inject it tonight to cook in TBE tomorrow morning. Oh well, time for another Cold Beer while waiting.

silverfinger
11-22-2017, 09:47 PM
Nice injection! Ann bought a turkey 4 days ago and we put it in the fridge to thaw. Forgot to check it. It has thawed very little. I've got it in the sink in a cold water bath as I have to inject it tonight to cook in TBE tomorrow morning. Oh well, time for another Cold Beer while waiting.

Great to hear from you Mike!! Hope all is well with you and Ann.
We will have a house full tomorrow. It will be allot of fun.
Going to be 86 here tomorrow in Santa Poco. What's the weather going to be like on your side of town?

And, what is this Q-talk place :shock: Don't think I've left the woodpile in 2 years. AWKWARD :wink:
But hey, if Norm, Tom and Mike are here it can't be all that bad of a place :wink:

Happy Hapgood
11-23-2017, 01:16 AM
Great to hear from you Mike!! Hope all is well with you and Ann.
We will have a house full tomorrow. It will be allot of fun.
Going to be 86 here tomorrow in Santa Poco. What's the weather going to be like on your side of town?

And, what is this Q-talk place :shock: Don't think I've left the woodpile in 2 years. AWKWARD :wink:
But hey, if Norm, Tom and Mike are here it can't be all that bad of a place :wink:

Lord have Mercy! 86? We will be at BIL's house with 23. There is my Cajun oil less turkey then there is all the leftover turkey that he has by doing one in the oven. :cool:.

You should get into Q-Talk more Mr. Beef Rib Master! :thumb: :clap2:

Stingerhook
11-23-2017, 05:50 AM
Sounds to me like you will be fine Ray.Have a great Thanksgiving.

silverfinger
11-23-2017, 08:56 AM
7cs777 is visiting my turkey thread this morning. Happy thanksgiving 7cs777:thumb:
Great to see your still around here!!

silverfinger
11-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Well,
Nobody got sick so I'm guessing everything went smoothly.
Used oak wood this year.
Injected birds with garlic & butter.
Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and a couple other spices.
Rotated 10-13LB turkeys that I cut up in quarters through the main smoking chamber. Did 6 birds this year.

Couple trays of the finished birds.

Thanks Brethren!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

gtr
11-24-2017, 12:38 AM
Nicely done! Those look delicious, and I'm sure they were.

Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving, Ray. Love and blessings to you and Team Silverfinger from all of us at Casa de gtr! Hopefully we'll get to see y'all before too long.

silverfinger
11-24-2017, 12:46 AM
Nicely done! Those look delicious, and I'm sure they were.

Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving, Ray. Love and blessings to you and Team Silverfinger from all of us at Casa de gtr! Hopefully we'll get to see y'all before too long.

That would be awesome!!

I'm stuffed, nobody can move. Who came up with this idea anyway??
It's like your own personal bash at home. Lots of folks, lots of food :shocked:
Time to put up the Christmas tree. :wink:

Stingerhook
11-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Fine looking cook Ray.