View Full Version : Need some help

11-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Been a while since I’ve posted something on this site. Kids sometimes get in the way of smoking! But I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I recently acquired a large rotisserie smoker. Some budddys have used it for whole hog roasts and say it is great. The issue I am having is that my probes would not work in there since it rotates. Anything out there that I can get to just be able to check temps. I would not want to use the plastic temp probs but would all metal ones work. Doing a bunch of stuff and just want to be able to open and look

Thanks in advance for the help!



11-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Thermapen is a stick it kinda thermometer. They are handy to have.

11-21-2017, 08:56 PM
You could always give these a try. https://meater.com/ I really hope these turn out to be good, but I am skeptical. Here is another option https://www.webstaurantstore.com/taylor-3504-4-1-2-trutemp-dial-meat-thermometer/913MT200K.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAus_QBRDgARIsAIRGNGjgWyLGmeRYOPS5SW0e pjf7VLQ9lYsR4dIrINTJ7rRKCvfrBIJv9A4aAt-EEALw_wcB
but, I don't care much for the dial thermometers. Other than that, I would recommend thermapen, I just received mine in the mail today, and hope it is as good as people say. I have tried several of the cheaper ones, and they take to long to read temps, and don't seem to last long.

11-22-2017, 06:20 AM
Just turn off the rotisserie and jab it with a therma pen on occassion.

11-22-2017, 06:29 AM
Just turn off the rotisserie and jab it with a therma pen on occassion.

I'm going to say this will probably be your best (as in, most reliable read and easiest) solution.