PDA

View Full Version : Left Chicken out overnight

Evil-g
11-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Took out frozen ribs and frozen chicken last night, put the ribs in and the refrigerator and completely forgot the chicken. Temps are ok and going to go for it. What say you.

Happy Hapgood
11-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Agree. Should be good to go at those temps.

tonyjohnson619
11-09-2017, 08:12 AM
I'd say it's good... the Temps look good for me

PatAttack
11-09-2017, 08:19 AM
I'd cook it and enjoy it, G.

Badjak
11-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Just go for it!

Jrogers84
11-09-2017, 08:23 AM
The only issue would be surface temps. Outside thaws first. That being said I would still go for it.

thunderalley3
11-09-2017, 08:30 AM
I would have a hard time chancing it for $4.90 worth of chicken. If you have ever had food poisoning you would be tossing it.

I live by the proven theory of if in doubt throw it out, especially a chicken that was $4.90.

4ever3
11-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Smoke on G!

North Is Up
11-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Go for it. If we don't hear from you again, we know what happened.:wink:

Evil-g
11-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Go for it. If we don't hear from you again, we know what happened.:wink:

Great answer.

KevinJ
11-09-2017, 09:13 AM
What times dinner? :razz:

Kack
11-09-2017, 09:27 AM
I'd cook it

Demosthenes
11-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Cook one half...if it's good, cook the other half. :-P:-P. I'd go for it with those temps.:thumb:

Evil-g
11-09-2017, 09:48 AM
I would have a hard time chancing it for $4.90 worth of chicken. If you have ever had food poisoning you would be tossing it.

I live by the proven theory of if in doubt throw it out, especially a chicken that was $4.90.

C'mon, your a Full Fledge, you know how some of us farkers are. 😊😊😊

Seriously though it temped below 32° in most places I don't think the surface temps are an issue.

toymaster
11-09-2017, 09:49 AM
temp's good and it's still in the shrink wrap. I'd cook it :thumb:

Mikhail
11-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Looks like you have the probe quite a way in. What is the surface meat temp? Like 1/4" in?

Evil-g
11-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Looks like you have the probe quite a way in. What is the surface meat temp? Like 1/4" in?

Not sure of the surface temp. At the end of the my dog can eat it but it ain't getting thrown away. He's like Mickey, he'll eat anything.

IXL
11-09-2017, 11:50 AM
The most violently ill I've ever been was after having eaten bad chicken. I'd rather self-perform an appendectomy than go through that again.

Springram
11-09-2017, 12:08 PM
I really think it will be OK but, for $4.90 +/-, I would get another chicken and not have to worry about it.

boomers bbq
11-09-2017, 12:20 PM
cook em up.

Rockinar
11-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Ive spent two night on the bathroom floor and had one trip to the ER before because of chicken. No way I would risk it. Now I get nervous even when chicken is out of the fridge for 5 minites during prep.

Id toss it and start fresh.

SmokinJohn
11-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Go for it.

Ag76
11-09-2017, 04:09 PM
How is the chicken still that cold after laying out on the counter all night? Are you sure your thermometer is still working correctly?

tom b
11-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Are you still with us Gorgon?

thunderalley3
11-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Ive spent two night on the bathroom floor and had one trip to the ER before because of chicken. No way I would risk it. Now I get nervous even when chicken is out of the fridge for 5 minites during prep.

Id toss it and start fresh.

I graduated from culinary school and I have my managers certificate in ServSafe. I have also been sick from tainted chicken and there is no way I would let anyone, or anything consume that bird. I have 3 Mastiffs and a Lab and sorry, they would not get it either.

As Rockinar stated, it is the sickest I have ever been in my life, and I have drank enough Budweiser to float a battleship in one sitting :sick:

I am also a freak when I prep chicken. I set up Ice bowls with foil in them to put my chicken in while I am prepping. Never more than 4 pieces out of the fridge at a time and if it is not cold to the touch, it goes back in the fridge before I continue with it. I do not wish food poisoning on anyone,,,well I do have an ex,,,,,better not go there!!

Worst part was, I stopped to eat before leaving Sturgis South Dakota Bike Rally and got about half way across South Dakota and it hit me. I was alone, Thank the Lord I have a toyhauler that I was traveling in. I was stopping about every 10 minutes on the shoulder of the highway, using the toilet and sink at the same time. I finally got to a rest area, started the generator and put the air on and that is where I was for a day and a half. I was so sick I got worried, as I really did not know what it was at the time so my wife called every 30 minutes, she knew where I was as far as what rest area in case I did not answer.

Yes, I am full fledged, I am half crazy but I do not ever want to be that sick again, and that was 15 years ago and my stomach is churning thinking about it. We do not eat in restaurants still while traveling. Everything that I consume I make when on the road.

Evil-g
11-09-2017, 05:01 PM
How is the chicken still that cold after laying out on the counter all night? Are you sure your thermometer is still working correctly?

Yep it's working perfectly.

Are you still with us Gorgon?

Yep I'm still here.

I graduated from culinary school and I have my managers certificate in ServSafe. I have also been sick from tainted chicken and there is no way I would let anyone, or anything consume that bird. I have 3 Mastiffs and a Lab and sorry, they would not get it either.

As Rockinar stated, it is the sickest I have ever been in my life, and I have drank enough Budweiser to float a battleship in one sitting :sick:

I am also a freak when I prep chicken. I set up Ice bowls with foil in them to put my chicken in while I am prepping. Never more than 4 pieces out of the fridge at a time and if it is not cold to the touch, it goes back in the fridge before I continue with it. I do not wish food poisoning on anyone,,,well I do have an ex,,,,,better not go there!!

Worst part was, I stopped to eat before leaving Sturgis South Dakota Bike Rally and got about half way across South Dakota and it hit me. I was alone, Thank the Lord I have a toyhauler that I was traveling in. I was stopping about every 10 minutes on the shoulder of the highway, using the toilet and sink at the same time. I finally got to a rest area, started the generator and put the air on and that is where I was for a day and a half. I was so sick I got worried, as I really did not know what it was at the time so my wife called every 30 minutes, she knew where I was as far as what rest area in case I did not answer.

Yes, I am full fledged, I am half crazy but I do not ever want to be that sick again, and that was 15 years ago and my stomach is churning thinking about it. We do not eat in restaurants still while traveling. Everything that I consume I make when on the road.

I'm going to chuck it however did you know it's actually recommended you give dogs raw chicken before any other bones, their systems can handle it. If you are a believer in the science of ServSafe you know food poisoning does not manifest for at least 24 hours.

Quick question if the power goes out for four to 6 hours do you pour your orange juice down the drain.

Kmm
11-09-2017, 06:54 PM
"I'm going to pitch it"??????? Sounds like you might have wasted the perfect reason to invite all of you in-laws over for a chicken dinner!

smoke ninja
11-09-2017, 07:53 PM

Dont let fear overcome logic

SmoothBoarBBQ
11-10-2017, 12:30 AM
Your nose is your friend... if it smells good then you're likely good to go. As long as you're not getting the temps into the 40°+ range you're out of the "temp danger zone" and should be good to go.

Czarbecue
11-10-2017, 12:40 AM
We do not eat in restaurants still while traveling. Everything that I consume I make when on the road.

Oh damn, then what’s the point of traveling?