PDA

View Full Version : My Largest Cook To Date

brochip1
10-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Saturday was a great day. My folks were in town and my Dad and I spent the day playing with fire and smoke! I was able to get his help using some deceptive practices. I told him we were smoking a brisket for dinner that night (which was true) as well as for church dinner on the grounds Sunday afternoon (also true). I then mentioned that there was some more that needed to be cooked to be able to place in the freezer (true). But what I failed to mention to him was that he was helping to prepare some of his own Christmas present. He received a Big Hat offset as a gift last year (first smoker he's ever owned or used), and has been a little overwhelmed with it. Besides helping him with a couple of racks of ribs, he's only used his firebox to cook steaks. Well by the time we were done Saturday he had helped me to prepare and cook 4 briskets, 4 pork loins, 2 St. Louis cut ribs, 2 babyback ribs, and 1 spare. The brisket for dinner and church turned out great! Everything else was vacuum sealed and placed in the freezer without him having an inkling. My only regret is that I didn't capture the day with pictures. I'm going to have to become diligent in getting days like that recorded. It was a great cook, a great time with family, and I believe at Christmas it's going to be a great surprise when he realizes how good a job he did cooking his own brisket!

Czarbecue
10-30-2017, 05:15 PM
Those Big Hat smokers are pretty nice. Did he get the horizontal or vertical offset? Nothing like tending the fire and making great Q to bring the family together.

4ever3
10-30-2017, 05:17 PM
Awesome work brochip!

brochip1
10-30-2017, 05:17 PM
He has the horizontal with the vertical warming box, I can't remember what it's called.

CptKaos
10-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Cool story , you don't need no stinking pictures, you and your dad will have great memories and stories to tell.

Larry

pjtexas1
10-30-2017, 06:30 PM
That's an awesome day. I bet he loves his Christmas present.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bob C Cue
10-30-2017, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Since you didn't take any pictures of your largest cook to date, how about a picture of my largest dates to cook?