PDA

View Full Version : Assassin 48 questions...

Beentown
10-26-2017, 09:17 PM
Interested in the Assassin 48. It seems to fill a niche nicely for me, maybe.

Do they have any retailers that sell them like St Louis BBQ Store?

Can I get the cook chamber dimensions (outside most H x W x L) from someone? I'd like to make it something I can fabricate to mount it on my Shirley if possible.

Also, if anyone has an 72 do you have any pics, grate sizes, etc...?

Thinking if I can fabricate QD points that the base could be left on my patio and use the same size/style mount on the front of my Shirley. That means my REALLY ugly UDS could be donated to a buddy, the Assassin would be on my patio for most smoking/grilling needs and switched over to the Shirley when it is called for at comps/catering.

If this doesn't work I will probably have one mounted on my next Shirley.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pjtexas1
10-26-2017, 09:33 PM
That would be awesome. If you go with a new Shirley I think they made one with a ramp for a cabinet or GF.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

pjtexas1
10-26-2017, 09:43 PM
This is the one I wanted mounted to my Shirley. I thought it was a really nice match to the straight back SF.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/ff5dbde7979bea6c18a1d77d1cd0a741.jpg

Beentown
10-26-2017, 09:47 PM
I am looking at the "grill". As it is a bit more flexible. Grills and smokes.

pjtexas1
10-26-2017, 09:58 PM
I am looking at the "grill". As it is a bit more flexible. Grills and smokes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkI totally missed that. :doh:

slim2061
10-27-2017, 02:19 AM
Interested in the Assassin 48. It seems to fill a niche nicely for me, maybe.

Do they have any retailers that sell them like St Louis BBQ Store?

As far as I know, they are no retailers. Made in Macon, GA, and can be shipped or picked up.

Can I get the cook chamber dimensions (outside most H x W x L) from someone? I'd like to make it something I can fabricate to mount it on my Shirley if possible.

I will pick up my 48 next week, so I do not know actual measured dimensions in person. However, according to information on the website, I believe the 48 cook chamber outside dimensions are 48" wide x 24" deep x 24" tall, with the bottom grill grate being 42" x 21" and the top grill grate being 42" x 16".

I have seen a picture of one mounted on a trailer, but it would probably be best to call and talk directly to Jeff Conley. Jeff is easy to talk to and can help you figure out what you looking for.

ebijack
10-27-2017, 03:38 AM
I don't know the weight of the Assassin, but you should think about the weight and it's location as it could very well throw off the balance of your Shirley trailer. Just a thought.
But there should be a way to mount it and have it removable.
Removing and installing might be the biggest pain.

eap0510
10-27-2017, 05:38 AM
If you want to know the weight and dimensions just give Assassin a call. They are very nice people and you can speak with the guy that does the actual fabrication.

Beentown
10-27-2017, 09:10 AM
I don't know the weight of the Assassin, but you should think about the weight and it's location as it could very well throw off the balance of your Shirley trailer. Just a thought.
But there should be a way to mount it and have it removable.
Removing and installing might be the biggest pain.I have the equipment to move it back and forth.

I would mock up with tractor weights first to see the effects on my current set-up.

BBQ Freak
10-27-2017, 03:42 PM
I have 48 so your wanting dimension of just the smoker with no cart right ?

Beentown
10-27-2017, 05:12 PM
I have 48 so your wanting dimension of just the smoker with no cart right ?Yes, please.

BBQ Freak
10-27-2017, 06:29 PM
48" width X 24 1/2" depth X 24 1/2" high and that is not including the stack or the shelves on the front or side .