PDA

View Full Version : Oysters on the offset suggestions appreciated

dcimike125
10-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Anniversary is on Monday and since I was looking for an excuse to break in the new offset, I figured I would smoke some oysters for my wife. I live about a mile from one of the largest oysterhouses on the east coast so procurement was real easy. Harvested this morning.

BUT... I am allergic to shellfish so I never tried this before. I'm thinking of smoking them with mesquite until the shell pops open, that's the easy part. Any suggestions on how to serve them ie. a cocktail sauce etc.

Czarbecue
10-06-2017, 04:30 PM
I chargrill oysters (or blue crabs) on my Weber Q when I can get them fresh...

https://louisiana.kitchenandculture.com/recipes/acme-chargrilled-oysters

KevinJ
10-06-2017, 04:42 PM
I prefer to grill them on the half shell with garlic butter topped with parmesan cheese and if you like some kick add little cayenne. Grill at 450-500 covered for a couple of minutes, as soon as the cheese melts, starts to brown they're done. Tabasco or favorite hot sauce on the table, served with grilled french bread toast or garlic toast if you prefer on the side.

You can use whatever toppings you want, I also like them topped with cheddar and fresh chopped jalapeņos.

EdF
10-07-2017, 08:54 AM
I like them raw - but my wife doesn't. So we occasionally do the grill approach like above. They cook so quick, I'd be hard-pressed to justify starting up the stick burner.

Big George's BBQ
10-07-2017, 08:58 AM
I like them raw Grilling them makes it easy to get the shell to open