PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the....

greenmountainsmoke
09-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Lodge Sportsman's grill? Seems like a fun way to expand cooking options (quick cooks, kabobs, etc) and less than $100. Thoughts? Thanks!

sudsandswine
09-12-2017, 09:41 AM
I do, it's a great little grill. I don't use it that often though because it stays hot for a LONG time after cooking and cleaning it up is kind of a PITA. The wide cast iron grates and short distance to the coals put a great sear on things.

IXL
09-12-2017, 09:49 AM
We have one. It is everything you you would hope it to be. The lower "intake vents" are simply resting against the casting, though, and really should be placed inside the grill for carry or transport...a small niggle.

We enjoy ours and it gives a bit of a "time, back when..." feeling while using this copy of an old Birmingham Stove & Range Co. grill, from the early part of the last century. The cooking grate is reversible, which will change the grate height by a whopping one inch or so.

My vote is....spend your money!!

keeperofsecrets
09-12-2017, 01:05 PM
I do, it's a great little grill. I don't use it that often though because it stays hot for a LONG time after cooking and cleaning it up is kind of a PITA.

This thing will melt right through the composite picnic tables that parks are putting up these days. Or so, I'm told.

sudsandswine
09-12-2017, 01:18 PM
:laugh:

greenmountainsmoke
09-12-2017, 02:02 PM
This thing will melt right through the composite picnic tables that parks are putting up these days. Or so, I'm told.

Heat would definitely be a consideration. Would have to get some bricks to rest it on. Would not trust it in the deck, too. Garage area seems like a good fit.

IXL
09-12-2017, 03:02 PM
We just went to Lowe's and purchased three of those curved paver stones, the ones about six inches thick. This has elevated out Sportsman's grill sufficiently above the deck.

Czarbecue
09-12-2017, 04:17 PM
I had to google what you were talking about. I just call it my hibachi grill, lol. I have it sitting on some cinder blocks so the kids won't touch it. I use it when cooking for one (or 1.5, if the wife wants to eat off my plate).

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170912/1c5dc824f3ab8ceb88a1b4d3df9e9eab.png