PDA

View Full Version : Brisket/Beef English Roast/Ribs/Chicken on the vertical offset

blazinfire
09-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Hello Folks! Long time no see. It's been a while since I've had a chance to cook and make a cooking post! Well today is the day, I recently moved into a new place looking like a decent future here I hope! It's a rental but hopefully there's a chance to buy later.

Finally got the smokers in and got settled in so I thought I might as well load up the cooker and invite a couple people over. On today's menu we have a 8.5lb brisket, 2 chickens, 2 Beef English Roasts, and 3 racks of STL cut ribs. The ribs were full spares but I trimmed them and froze the rib tips for later cooking.

I haven't found a new img hosting site that works with this site for some reason so Gotta do this the old fashion way! First picture is the raw brisket that went on this morning. Second picture is 2 hours in the brisket cook when I added the English roasts and ribs. I'll add the chicken in about a hour or two.

HumboldtSmokeBBQ
09-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Looking good! Good luck with your new place. Nothing like some BBQ to make someone feel at home in a new place.

blazinfire
09-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Brisket has been on for 4 hours. Ribs and beef roasts have been on for 2. Just put the chickens on. Things are looking pretty good. The smaller rack of ribs seem to be done but I'm gonna push it for a while longer. :thumb:

Big-Joe
09-08-2017, 02:10 PM
All looks good to me

blazinfire
09-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Hands down the smallest rack of ribs I've seen from a spare rib. It's done a couple hours ahead of time compared to the regular size ribs. This came in a 3 pack as that's the only full packs my local store had. Darn fine looking ribs though!

pjtexas1
09-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Hands down the smallest rack of ribs I've seen from a spare rib. It's done a couple hours ahead of time compared to the regular size ribs. This came in a 3 pack as that's the only full packs my local store had. Darn fine looking ribs though!

did the small rack have full bones? does seem really tiny. nice cook!

SmittyJonz
09-08-2017, 03:57 PM
:clap2:

The Meeper
09-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Great looking ribs Fireman -

show us your briskets !!

blazinfire
09-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Well the brisket is still cooking. Everything else is done. Wanted to post the pictures before the alcohol started flowing. I'll remember later to post the brisket when its done! Gonna give it a couple hour rest.

The chicken and the beef roast pictured together is my personal stash. I cut up one rack of ribs, one chicken, and one beef roast for everyone.

blazinfire
09-08-2017, 09:13 PM
dude I know its a crappy picture but it works! Pictures might not show it but its the best brisket I've ever cooked!

Everything was stellar! Maybe its the fact i feel comfortable in the new place! I hope so!

cheez59
09-08-2017, 09:17 PM
All looks real good Brandon.

Notorious Q.U.E.
09-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Mighty fine!! You got me curious as to specs on your VO . Can you share pics of your VO ?

blazinfire
09-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Mighty fine!! You got me curious as to specs on your VO . Can you share pics of your VO ?

I'll have to look for more pictures later. The firebox is 20x20x20. Cook chamber is 24x24x36. I built 4 racks for the cook chamber but I removed the bottom most rack to install tuning plates where that rack went. Just wielded on a cart with wheels. The picture I uploaded now has the old wheels.

I had to change the piece of crap wheels as the pneumatic wheels didn't work out well. now I have hard polyurethane wheels that holds 1000lbs each.

Titch
09-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Nice looking unit, looks like great food

blazinfire
09-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Just woke up and got a drink from the fridge. Got a huge whiff of BBQ coming from my brand new fridge I had to put in the new place. I love that smell!!!

I'll say this. This cook was the best BBQ I've ever cooked hands down. Everything from the seasoning choices to how the cooker ran.

I hope everyone on the forums doing well. I haven't been around very much lately