PDA

View Full Version : Advice 4 Building a Trailer

BenBarrBQue
09-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Help, please? I'm thinking about taking my Yoder competition cart and mounting it to a trailer. (Why? Because it's a pain in the ass to move. Yoder is full of crap when they say it's easy to move!) I've got someone who will help me take the actual cooking chamber off the cart and weld it to a small trailer, but I needs some help with finding a smaller trailer. Just a bare bones type? Anyone out there have any ideas? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Czarbecue
09-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Find yourself a harbor freight trailer and cut it down to the size you need. It will come with a VIN and title to get it registered.

SmittyJonz
09-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Northern Tool or TSC.

Cat797
09-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Please do yourself a favor and don't put your $2,000 baby on a $250 trailer from Harbor Freight or Menards. In my opinion those things are barely driveway sufficient let alone road worthy. Spend a little money on something decent, with good axle, wheels, and welding. It's gonna cost you upwards of $1G, or maybe you could get a local fabricator to build a smaller dedicated trailer like Shirley does for a reasonable amount......

My $.02 for what it's worth!

Ed

P.S.- that comp cart will fetch you a pretty penny to help offset the expense. Yoder is backed up like 16 weeks according to what I've seen on the Facebook page....

Pocchampion
09-06-2017, 08:14 AM
If you plan on towing often or far, buy a better quality trailer with 14" wheels and quality tires.