PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready for Monday

wire-it-up
09-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Brining 3 pork shoulders for pulled pork Monday. I found this recipe on kevinandamanda.com. I've brined the shoulders the last 2 times I've made pulled. First time, the brine recipe was followed precisely. Second time, I used a store bought rub that I really like, instead of the homemade rub the recipe calls for. Lesson learned... the first go was better than the second. So this time, I mixed my own rub to put in the brine. I already had all of the spices anyway.

If you haven't tried brining with pulled pork before, I highly recommend it. It makes for the most tender, flavorful pulled pork I've ever had.

I'll also be injecting with Chris Lilly's injection recipe. These will go in the smoker tomorrow night before bed. Should be almost done when I get up Monday morning.

wire-it-up
09-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Trying to post a pic but having trouble rotating it so it doesn't post sideways.

wire-it-up
09-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Here's a pic. Sorry it's sideways, couldn't figure out how to rotate it.

BillN
09-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Keep us posted.

wire-it-up
09-02-2017, 11:05 AM
I will. I'll take pics along the way, and post them when I can. When I hold my Android phone horizontally, I don't have the sideways pic issue. For this pic, I held it vertically because the stack was kind of tall, LOL.

wire-it-up
09-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Here's the setup, but no fire yet. I'll be getting it going as soon as I get home from church tonight.

Big George's BBQ
09-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Looking forward to following this

wire-it-up
09-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Smoke is rolling. Threw some dogs and brats in this time, to come off before I retire for the night. My brother recommended that. Says smoked dogs and brats are out of this world. Never tried them myself, so we'll see. They'll be reheated on a grill for the kids at the party tomorrow, while the adults feast on the pulled pork.