PDA

View Full Version : Negligent or Just Plain Cheap? Who Cares? Stok Customer Service Rocks!

jwh
08-28-2017, 05:49 PM
I purchased a Stok drum grill a few months back and have successfully cooked multiple things on it, including using it for smoking a pork butt, smoked jalapenos, chili, etc. The cast iron grate is wonderful. The insert system -while maybe convenient- is not necessary, as there are ways around to make any grill work.

However, while smoking some chiles and meat Saturday, I noticed the grill starting to droop. As it turns out, the metal around one of the legs seems "bendy," i.e. pliable, etc.

Negligent: Have I done something wrong with heating such that it would render the metal so soft.

Cheap: Or, is this just a flaw of my particular Stok with cheap/thin metal?

unixadm
08-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Based on what I've read, it's a pretty cheaply made grill. A lot of people have rust issues. It looks like the best thing going for it is the grate.

It has a 2 year warranty if I'm not mistaken, so if you have your receipt, you may be able to get it fixed up.

jwh
08-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Stok Customer Service: +1

It's been several months since I bought this, I have no receipt. I called to ask about it, and -no questions asked (other than what the problem was)- they're sending me another base out (which is where the problem is. Did not ask for proof of purchase.

Good for them!