PDA

View Full Version : Is this the best indoor grill?

Bob C Cue
08-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Just saw this article (https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5702caace4b0daf53af07cbd/amp) on my favorite (not) website. Gets super hot and looks like it would be a good, albeit fairly expensive, option when you can't grill outdoors but don't want to smoke up your kitchen.

https://youtu.be/g2ts_a85sko

Jrogers84
08-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Interesting. I'll have to look up the technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadsr4
08-26-2017, 04:03 PM
I'll stick to my kettles year round whatever the weather.
I find it amusing that you need to say "saw this article on my favorite (not) website." for the Huffington Post. I'd like to believe that most of us can distill what we read in the news, wherever it comes from.

jwh
08-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Did she just call a mushroom a burger? I didn't see any burger with the mushroom?

Bob C Cue
08-26-2017, 04:12 PM
I've referenced articles from that site in the past and have, shall we say, experienced some backlash. Hope you find that amusing as well.

Czarbecue
08-26-2017, 04:27 PM
That's nothing new. A bunch of smokeless grills are available online or your local Korean supermarket. I have one for some kbbq on the table.

dadsr4
08-26-2017, 04:40 PM
I've referenced articles from that site in the past and have, shall we say, experienced some backlash. Hope you find that amusing as well.

I do!
I always start out assuming someone is an intelligent adult, and go from there. What I find amusing is those people who feel someone is unable to make up their own opinion, as opposed to drinking the koolaid.

smokeswirl
08-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Grill doesnt produce smoke but food cooking sure does

The Wookiee
08-28-2017, 11:42 AM
We have a vacation condo in the woods of snoqualmie baker national forest and no deck grills allowed (there are some shared fire pits for use but more schlep with cooler picnic type thing) so I keep one of these up there and use it often. still keep the stove fan on but WAY less smoke than skillet or cuisinart griddler for sausages/burgers/steaks etc. does a nice job on salmon as well. Most of the fat drip right thru to pan as infrared heat source coming directed from sides. Gets to around 430 surface temp measured by my infrared therm. Can NOt adjust heat- on off or warm.really fatty things like johnsonvilles that vaporize some fat will cause a bit more smoke but it really does work better than other inside options (not counting the oven).

Bob C Cue
08-28-2017, 12:01 PM
We have a vacation condo in the woods of snoqualmie baker national forest and no deck grills allowed (there are some shared fire pits for use but more schlep with cooler picnic type thing) so I keep one of these up there and use it often. still keep the stove fan on but WAY less smoke than skillet or cuisinart griddler for sausages/burgers/steaks etc. does a nice job on salmon as well. Most of the fat drip right thru to pan as infrared heat source coming directed from sides. Gets to around 430 surface temp measured by my infrared therm. Can NOt adjust heat- on off or warm.really fatty things like johnsonvilles that vaporize some fat will cause a bit more smoke but it really does work better than other inside options (not counting the oven).

Thanks for the post. It's nice to hear from someone who has the unit and can provide a helpful review!

The Wookiee
08-28-2017, 12:10 PM
I was suspicious as well but desperate so I waited till I found a "refurbished" one for ~60% cost new. No issues with it at all... Seattle coffee gear and Amazon intermittently have refurbished ones... and I just checked and both do now. FWIW I don't used the fish rack much....

Heading up there this weekend with the family and it will be cooking at least 2 meals....