PDA

View Full Version : First overnight BBQ...smoke's rollin'!

Imp81318
08-12-2017, 11:22 PM
I offered to smoke something for a family reunion of sorts tomorrow thinking I'd be cooking dinner for 5 or 6 PM. I was told they had 2 bone-in pork shoulders for me to smoke. And then I was told they wanted to eat at noon rather than evening. Fine, I can cope. This afternoon I found out it was a small (5.5 lbs) boneless pork shoulder roast cut in half and a small (3ish lbs) chuck roast also cut in half. Just lit the smoker to put the pork roasts on once temp stabilizes. Beef roasts will go on around 5 or so. Here's hoping the weather is calm so I can get some rest tonight because tomorrow is going to be a long one spent with family from out of town and we're taking the kids to an amusement park Monday.

jayman
08-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Good luck!

WareZdaBeef
08-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Which amusement park? Your from PA, I live like 10 min from Dorney Park.

btw, i hope you got that fire under control. the smoke looks a little thick in that pic.

Czarbecue
08-12-2017, 11:50 PM
I see some wires off camera so I'm assuming you're not flying completely blind. The smoke is thick for the first ten minutes after dumping the briqs in. Then it's clean burning unless you throw in some chunks.

Imp81318
08-13-2017, 03:22 AM
Which amusement park? Your from PA, I live like 10 min from Dorney Park.

btw, i hope you got that fire under control. the smoke looks a little thick in that pic.

I'm from Boyertown. We're going to Knoebels. And no worries about the smoke - I had literally just dumped the hit coals from the chimney and put the WSM together when I took that pic. Nothing went on the grill for a solid half hour after the temp had come up and smoke had settled down quite a bit.

Just wrapped the butts. Beef will be going on in about another hour. Forgot to take my phone out with me, so no updated pics. Used pecan fir the pork, and gping to throw in a chunk or two of hickory for the beef.

Imp81318
08-13-2017, 05:10 AM
Pork is unwrapped and beef is on.

Stingerhook
08-13-2017, 06:29 AM
Sounds like your under control, enjoy.

Imp81318
08-13-2017, 07:16 AM
Sounds like your under control, enjoy.

Yup. Pork is done a few hours earlier than I anticipated but it is napping comfortably in a cooler.