PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeit Grills?

Mikhail
08-09-2017, 07:35 PM
I see every day on Cincinnati Craigslist Brinkman, Weber, you name it, grills at far below retail. Advertised as new. Weber 22" Performer for like $225.

Are there counterfeit grills on the market?

ChrisBarb
08-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Fell off the truck........

SmittyJonz
08-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Disappeared from Target, Walmart warehouse......

Czarbecue
08-09-2017, 08:15 PM
My loss is your gain...

10miler
08-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Disappeared from Target, Walmart warehouse......

So...those grills are hot?:biggrin1:

Mikhail
08-09-2017, 09:33 PM
That was what I was thinking.

wihint
08-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Yes they are hot my b.i.l. is an officer for a Cincinnati East Terminal rail line and they are robbed a ton. The officers only have jurisdiction by the actual rails, side note they pay really good!

SmittyJonz
08-09-2017, 09:40 PM
I bought a $260 Coleman Tent for $175 out of a guys trunk......He Swears he buys surplus lots....... :twitch:

Happy Hapgood
08-09-2017, 09:58 PM
The truck driver was made an offer he could not refuse.

Demosthenes9
08-09-2017, 11:41 PM
No, they aren't hot. There's an auction outfit centered in Cincy called Fast Track It / bidfta.com. They have t or so locations in the Cincy area and others scattered through other states. They buy overstock / return items by the tractor trailer load from places like Amazon, Target, Walmart, home depot and others. I picked up my 2nd ranch kettle from them for $200, a gas assist Performer for $60, a 26er for $50.

Flippers have moved in and have driven prices up to some extent. Not a whole lot, but I have to factor in gas and a 3hr round trip. The flippers live in Cincy so they can pay more and still make money. Also, they can go preview the items before bidding to make sure they aren't getting damaged goods.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

WareZdaBeef
08-10-2017, 01:02 AM
This trail embers 22.5 vertical 3-in-one WSM knock off with a digiQ added that is under the cost of a WSM is well worth the cost, and having used a WSM in the past, My knock off TE is way better, and i am sure other TE users will agree.

ChrisBarb
08-10-2017, 07:49 AM
This trail embers 22.5 vertical 3-in-one WSM knock off with a digiQ added that is under the cost of a WSM is well worth the cost, and having used a WSM in the past, My knock off TE is way better, and i am sure other TE users will agree.

Your post is wildly OT and wrong. :tongue:

Mikhail
08-10-2017, 08:16 AM
No, they aren't hot. There's an auction outfit centered in Cincy called Fast Track It / bidfta.com. They have t or so locations in the Cincy area and others scattered through other states. They buy overstock / return items by the tractor trailer load from places like Amazon, Target, Walmart, home depot and others. I picked up my 2nd ranch kettle from them for $200, a gas assist Performer for $60, a 26er for $50.

Flippers have moved in and have driven prices up to some extent. Not a whole lot, but I have to factor in gas and a 3hr round trip. The flippers live in Cincy so they can pay more and still make money. Also, they can go preview the items before bidding to make sure they aren't getting damaged goods.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk Interesting site. Seems too good to be true.

Demosthenes9
08-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Interesting site. Seems too good to be true.In a way, it is. You really have to be careful with what you bid on. Some items are listed as "appears new. " With those, when you go to pick them up, if you notice anything wrong/damaged/missing, you can refuse it and possibly get a refund.

Other items are listed as "Open box" or "damaged." If you win those, you get what you get, no refunds available.

I've picked up some nice stuff there at stupid prices. I've also gotten burned a couple of times, but luckily those instances were on inexpensive items. Added all together, I'm still way ahead. I mean, a brand new $1500 Weber Ranch for $200 plus gas and drive time?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk