PDA

View Full Version : I pulled the trigger! I got a 270 Sumo!

Rusty Kettle
07-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Pron coming as soon as I charge my phone and figure out how to post them here again.
Had a nice trip out to Mason Dixon BBQ Services. The kids actually didn't mind the trip. They had fun playing games in the car. Such as where's Robyn and where's Tommy?
We are going to put a new area up for the smoker as the door swings back from the firebox.
I will post more later as Tommy is begging to go outside and play. Cooking is later tonight.

16Adams
07-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Nice. Very nice indeed. Congratulations

KevinJ
07-15-2017, 06:27 PM
Congrats that's a nice cooker, was looking at one of those real hard. :thumb:

DUBBAGA
07-15-2017, 07:25 PM
Excellent purchase!

Rusty, thanks for sending me the pic, looks great. Hope you don't mind me sharing

https://ak5.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/15488932/thumb/1.jpg

Twisted T's Q
07-15-2017, 07:39 PM
congrats Rusty you are gonna love that cooker

Pstores
07-15-2017, 07:39 PM
Trying to find the pics ans review.... Lol..... Congrats

Rusty Kettle
07-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Excellent purchase!

Rusty, thanks for sending me the pic, looks great. Hope you don't mind me sharing

https://ak5.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/15488932/thumb/1.jpg

Lol such a beautiful smoker.great pic.

Rusty Kettle
07-15-2017, 08:35 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/715q53.jpg

Best i could do but cant rotate the pic sorry. If anyone could rotate the pic it would be appreciated.

MisterChrister
07-15-2017, 08:38 PM
That's gonna make a lot of happy bellies in the years to come! Congrats indeed!

DUBBAGA
07-15-2017, 08:59 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/715q53.jpg

Best i could do but cant rotate the pic sorry. If anyone could rotate the pic it would be appreciated.

https://s26.postimg.org/e5y9raayh/Rusty_Sumo.jpg

pjtexas1
07-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Glad you finally got your cooker. Looking forward to your review.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Evil-g
07-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Congrats and enjoy, did you get the shoes for going over floors (They help to stop scuffs and such). Did you eat while you were there, they sometimes cook lunch.

Free Mr. Tony
07-15-2017, 11:15 PM
I just got back from a marathon trip picking up a used sumo. Looking forward to cooking on it.

Left from fort wayne, Indiana 4:30 am. Picked up a hunsaker drum in Columbia then went straight to KC. Turned around, and came straight home. Got home 11 pm. Loooong day, but have 2 new toys.

Happy Hapgood
07-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Me too. Can't stand a sideways rig. Also touched it up a tad.

http://i.imgur.com/5Bm4GIh.jpg?1

Rusty Kettle
07-15-2017, 11:52 PM
Glad you finally got your cooker. Looking forward to your review.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah me too. Just to look at the construction it is very solid and heavy. Te shelves are much sturdier than they look online. They look flimsy in pictures online but they are the farthest thing from flimsy. It looks easy to clean.
If I can figure out video maybe I will put out a video.
I paid with cash today. It took awhile to count it out. Especially when we hit the one dollar bills.
The GPS dropped us by a graveyard and we had to hunt for the place and ask directions from a random lady on the street. We barely made it there before they closed.
The staff was so friendly at Mason Dixon. I highly recommend them.
I wish I had more time to spend there.

Rusty Kettle
07-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Congrats and enjoy, did you get the shoes for going over floors (They help to stop scuffs and such). Did you eat while you were there, they sometimes cook lunch.
Thanks! Sorry i never got a chance to call you. Work has been crazy.
Just been hectic.
No i didn't get the shoes or eat there. We just barely made it before closing. We ate at a hardee's. Never been there before.

Rusty Kettle
07-16-2017, 12:05 AM
I just got back from a marathon trip picking up a used sumo. Looking forward to cooking on it.

Left from fort wayne, Indiana 4:30 am. Picked up a hunsaker drum in Columbia then went straight to KC. Turned around, and came straight home. Got home 11 pm. Loooong day, but have 2 new toys.

Nice! I considered buying that one. I was afraid I would wreck making the long haul from PA. Since there was a closer dealer I went with the new unit. I just couldnt get the time off work. If that looked as good as it did in pictures you got a heck of a good deal. Congrats and enjoy.

Rusty Kettle
07-16-2017, 12:07 AM
Up for the menu is pulled pork from a picnic roast, corn pudding, baby back ribs, and chicken thighs. Time to put this one through her paces and see what she can do. :)

Big George's BBQ
07-16-2017, 07:41 AM
Congrats and Enjoy
Mason Dixon are awesome people They host an awesome Comp- Iron Man in early spring

Rusty Kettle
07-16-2017, 07:55 AM
Congrats and Enjoy
Mason Dixon are awesome people They host an awesome Comp- Iron Man in early spring

Yeah I was considering doing that one next year. Now that we have an insulated smoker the weather shouldn't keep me from practicing all winter long. We got our butts handed to us at the Sams Club tour in Harrisburg. The teams were really good there. We got the Sumo to be able to practice in bad weather. It is going to cook my brisket and butts for competition. We are going to use our drum for our ribs and chicken.
You know what they say practice makes perfect. So now we can practice more.
I have been waiting to get an insulated cabinet ever since I started cooking barbecue. It has always been out of our price range or a catastrophe would come up that would require me to not buy one. I think it was worth the wait.

RacrX
07-16-2017, 09:21 AM
Congrats! These smokers always caught my eye, looking forward to pics.

Mackeral
07-16-2017, 01:57 PM
Congrats, looking forward to your thoughts on this. I'm a fellow Pittsburgher. I have been looking at buying one of these for quite some time.

4ever3
07-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Well cook something already would ya'!?!

Rusty Kettle
07-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Well cook something already would ya'!?!

I have been cooking all day since about midnight it has been lit. I already cooked a naked fatty, a pork picnic roast, and corn pudding. Had to refill twice and sweep ash out once but considering its been cooking for 18 hours straight I am impressed. I am still cooking lol. This thing has got to be the best smoker on the market.

Twisted T's Q
07-16-2017, 06:50 PM
yep ^^^^^^ my thoughts exactly

4ever3
07-16-2017, 06:54 PM
I have been cooking all day since about midnight it has been lit. I already cooked a naked fatty, a pork picnic roast, and corn pudding. Had to refill twice and sweep ash out once but considering its been cooking for 18 hours straight I am impressed. I am still cooking lol. This thing has got to be the best smoker on the market.

Pictures man PICTURES!!!

I'm glad you've got her rolling smoke and your happy with her!

BillATL
07-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Congrats. I was really considering a 270 but rolled up on deal for a used Humphreys. Look forward to seeing what I'm missing :-)