PDA

View Full Version : iGrill 2 problems

Schneidogg
07-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Smoking ribs today (happy 4th of July) and using this probe. I've been pleased with it so far. Checked it for accuracy and the ambient temperature probes registered 212 degrees in boiling water. 👍 The unit's been working like a champ all day (Bluetooth, etc.).

Problem now is the display blinked off. When I turn it back on, it registers the temperature for maybe 1 second and then blinks back off. Changed batteries several times with the same result. Even tried the reset button to no avail. Any thoughts on a solution?

WareZdaBeef
07-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Smoking ribs today (happy 4th of July) and using this probe. I've been pleased with it so far. Checked it for accuracy and the ambient temperature probes registered 212 degrees in boiling water. 👍 The unit's been working like a champ all day (Bluetooth, etc.).

Problem now is the display blinked off. When I turn it back on, it registers the temperature for maybe 1 second and then blinks back off. Changed batteries several times with the same result. Even tried the reset button to no avail. Any thoughts on a solution?

It does this if you have it connected to the app via bluetooth.

Melissaredhead
07-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Yup. If you're using your phone as the display it won't show on the device unless you press the button and only for like 3 seconds.

mjpmap
07-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Mine has acted up like that when it is in the direct sun. It will overheat internally and either shut down or show crazy numbers. I try to stick it to metal underneath the cart shelf in the shade.

WareZdaBeef
07-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Mine has acted up like that when it is in the direct sun. It will overheat internally and either shut down or show crazy numbers. I try to stick it to metal underneath the cart shelf in the shade.

Really? I stick mine directly on the dome of my vertical and never had a overheating problem.

Happy Hapgood
07-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Just offering this not knowing the situation but ribs are really too hard to get an accurate IT on for a probe. If they go out of range due to other factors they will default. I do temp control for a living. I only said that to say this, Sometimes outside factors effect the reading on probes.

Good Luck. :thumb:

WareZdaBeef
07-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Just offering this not knowing the situation but ribs are really too hard to get an accurate IT on for a probe. If they go out of range due to other factors they will default. I do temp control for a living. I only said that to say this, Sometimes outside factors effect the reading on probes.

Good Luck. :thumb:

I think you been looking at temp controls too long. He isn't having a issue with the accuracy of the probe. He is having an issue with the display turning off after a few seconds. Which is exactly what its supposed to do when you connect to the bluetooth app with a phone.