PDA

View Full Version : Scored a Weber 26" and Vision Grill with the HEB coupon ...

Sid Post
06-13-2017, 12:21 AM
Thanks to the thread on here about 20% off at HEB, I used that and a price match at Sam's Club on the Vision Grills Cadet.

The Weber 26 was 20% off of $299.00 and the Vision Grill was price matched at $349.00! :becky:

Now, I don't need to resurrect my gas grill and I can augment my Weber Smokey Joe and Lodge Sportsman Hibachi. I'm really looking forward to the little Kamado for a meal for ONE, me, and the larger capacity of the Weber 26" with friends and family plus, some possible smokes with it.

Vision Grills Cadet Kamado Charcoal Grill in White
Estimated delivery date Jun. 16
Qty: 1
$349.00

Weber Original Kettle Premium 26 in. Charcoal Grill in
Black
Estimated delivery date Jun. 15
Qty: 1
$239.20

:thumb:

mattmountz94
06-13-2017, 05:14 AM
Nice score. Would love to get my hands on a 26"

KevinJ
06-13-2017, 07:02 AM
Very nice setup, congrats.

Sid Post
06-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Nice score. Would love to get my hands on a 26"

I looked at the 22" models but, the grates and charcoal baskets on the 26" seemed to be a better match for me. When you upgrade the charcoal baskets on the 22" model and put in a similar grate, you are basically at the same price as the 26" model.

The extra cooking capacity is the one thing you can't upgrade. With a possible Slow'n'Sear in the future, Minion style cooks, rings of charcoal and wood for slow cooks, etc., the larger capacity is what really sold me.

The $149-20% 22" model though was very tempting. Maybe next year ...

m-fine
06-13-2017, 07:41 AM
Good choice. I have never said "I wish I had a smaller kettle."

BadkissonTT
06-13-2017, 11:42 PM
So how did Sam's price match a Weber 26? HEB doesn't carry those at my HEB....

Does HEB carry a Weber 26" at your HEB store? They don't show up online on HEB's website....or did Sams just say OK, here's 20% off since you had an HEB coupon ?

I don't see the Weber 26" on Sams website either....

??

Sid Post
06-14-2017, 10:30 AM
So how did Sam's price match a Weber 26? HEB doesn't carry those at my HEB....

Does HEB carry a Weber 26" at your HEB store? They don't show up online on HEB's website....or did Sams just say OK, here's 20% off since you had an HEB coupon ?

I don't see the Weber 26" on Sams website either....

??

First, I bought both items through Home Depot.com. I did not try Lowes or Tractor Supply because I was happy with Home Depot's customer service and they are close enough to me with free delivery. Had I been ~40 miles the other direction, I could have tried Lowes but I avoid them because of too many parking lot thefts (I have had two break-ins into my pickup at Lowes in the last 12 months :sad:).

The HEB coupon was 20% off all grills. It was not exclusive to a few listed models.

I also included a hyperlink to the Sam's Club link to the Vision Grills Cadet which was discounted slightly over 20% relative to the Home Depot version of the Kamado grill.

So, to be clear, I got 20% off of $299.00 for the Weber 26" Kettle and a Sam's Club price match on the $449.99 Vision Grill (something about single use and no 'stacking').

In the end, I was happy because the sales agent met all the company requirements and I got my Weber for 20% off and the Vision Grill for little over 20% off without dealing with delivery from Sam's Club, plus I did not want the diamond finish and Home Depot has the tradition pebble style finish.

Right now Tractor Supply has a blanket 20% off all grills so, Blackstone griddles and other things are available on the "Father's Day" discount too.

BadkissonTT
06-14-2017, 12:50 PM
First, I bought both items through Home Depot.com. I did not try Lowes or Tractor Supply because I was happy with Home Depot's customer service and they are close enough to me with free delivery. Had I been ~40 miles the other direction, I could have tried Lowes but I avoid them because of too many parking lot thefts (I have had two break-ins into my pickup at Lowes in the last 12 months :sad:).

The HEB coupon was 20% off all grills. It was not exclusive to a few listed models.

I also included a hyperlink to the Sam's Club link to the Vision Grills Cadet which was discounted slightly over 20% relative to the Home Depot version of the Kamado grill.

So, to be clear, I got 20% off of $299.00 for the Weber 26" Kettle and a Sam's Club price match on the $449.99 Vision Grill (something about single use and no 'stacking').

In the end, I was happy because the sales agent met all the company requirements and I got my Weber for 20% off and the Vision Grill for little over 20% off without dealing with delivery from Sam's Club, plus I did not want the diamond finish and Home Depot has the tradition pebble style finish.

Right now Tractor Supply has a blanket 20% off all grills so, Blackstone griddles and other things are available on the "Father's Day" discount too.

That's awesome !!!

$239 for a 26" Weber is a home-run ! I bought a Weber MasterTouch 22" for $134+TTL a few weeks back on a Lowes pricing mistake and had Home Depot kick in their price match +10% deal to get to that price....LOL
4 inches more would be definately nice !!

I'm the one who posted the 20% off coupon and linxx so I'm glad it helped someone save some $$ !!!