PDA

View Full Version : Who else cooks

Pocchampion
06-12-2017, 09:18 PM
For the dawg? I find myself always making our dawg , Smokie, a little bite. Tonight was her burger. She loves steak night the best.

TravelingJ
06-12-2017, 09:18 PM
My dogs would kick my ass if that was all the burger I gave them!

mchar69
06-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Hah, we have a routine. Daddy nearly always cooks, and also makes lunch in the morning.
The dog who, as he looks at you, with his beautiful eyes,
has never eaten all week, and maybe had a scrap or 2.
Forlorn, those eyes are the ads on TV eyes...
So I cut about 1 1/2 oz of meat we cooked before, or
that nights' meal, and either set it aside, or add to his meal.
It's a dance we play. If he's in the other room,
I make sure the last bit makes a 'ching' sound on the bowl, he comes looking for trouble.

pjtexas1
06-12-2017, 10:05 PM
My dogs end up in the ER if they get bbq. Nice that you get to give your pup a treat.

Inthewoods
06-12-2017, 10:32 PM
I give the Akita 4 eggs in the morning, used to do omelets...over easy now. Only one for the cocker, she's older, and a hell of a bit smaller. Rib bones, various veggies.

-D

rookiedad
06-12-2017, 10:58 PM
i cook for my dog, and she gets to eat at the table.

Okie Sawbones
06-12-2017, 11:07 PM
No BBQ, but they get baked liver treats which they go wild over.

BeerBQ
06-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Has anyone smoked pig ears for their dog? I've seen them in stores and have always been interested.

Norm
06-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Mine gets the leftovers from supper.

And an occasional hen that is foolish enough to get out!

cowgirl
06-13-2017, 09:28 PM
Mine gets leftovers too. Sometimes I'll grill a burger for him though.

Stlsportster
06-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Put my almost 16 yr old lab mutt down in December. She always got scraps..fat, chicken skin and gristle, pulled pork, etc.

Used to sit by the smoker while I cooked and at my feet when I sliced.

Miss the hell out of her whenever I cook now.

KevinJ
06-13-2017, 10:07 PM
The only thing I intentionally cook for them is the flaps off the back of Full Spares when I trim the Spares. I don't season the flaps and cook them in the smoker to render fat and get tender, chop them up and add to their dog food later.

I will save the juices from Pork Loins, Poultry and Beef cuts while they are resting and add to their dog food the next morning. They don't get a lot of people food and they never get anything when we're sitting at the table eating.

This is the look I get when they're saying give me a damn Milk Bone man. :-D

http://i.imgur.com/krbv5k3.jpg?1

mattmountz94
06-14-2017, 06:16 AM
Guess i am the mean one. The dogs get no human food unless they are stealing cheerios from the toddler.

Good on you though. Got some lucky pups

4ever3
06-14-2017, 07:22 AM
Yep, we cook for Henry, baked chicken, long grain brown rice, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and a poached egg, but only because he now has a malabsorption disorder and we're trying to save him.

ModelMaker
06-14-2017, 07:47 AM
Had some friends that threw their little darlings food at the table while they ate. Would spend the meal time kicking the little bastards in the ribs under the table.
Ed

4ever3
06-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Had some friends that threw their little darlings food at the table while they ate. Would spend the meal time kicking the little bastards in the ribs under the table.
Ed

So you accepted an invitation to dinner at a "friends" house knowing they feed the dogs from the table while you kicked them in the ribs under the table?

Steve S
06-14-2017, 12:00 PM
My better half spent years working in a vets office. As a result, our two great danes do not get any "people food", other than a raw egg or some oil in their dry food occasionally. Begging dogs are right up there with misbehaving children on my list. Unless you really know what you are doing, people food can do much more harm than good.

Maverickjct
06-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Never fed our dogs anything but their kibble until they stopped eating at around 12 years old. Then it was ground beef and rice for a while, Then chicken thighs, then raw and now a mixture of anything we can get him to eat. Vet says he's just old but he lost his sister in November and hasn't been the same since.

Jrogers84
06-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Last year we switched to a raw diet for our dogs. It consisted of a dehydrated food along with cooking BLSL chicken thighs for them. After the one we were doing it for passed we tried to get the other one back to regular dog food. Not a chance. We tried for about 6 weeks until we got to the point where we were worried something was wrong. He had lost a decent amount of weight. Last night I gave in and cooked some thighs on the trager so I didnt have to heat up the house. Dog devoured 2 bowls last night and licked his bowl clean this morning. So ya, he wins. Jerk dog.....

pork_butt
06-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Mine gets leftovers too. Sometimes I'll grill a burger for him though.

Jeanie, I've see the dishes you put together. He gets some fine leftovers. I'm definitely jealous of your dog!!

dadsr4
06-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Ours get stuff after we have eaten. There are always parts of any meat that are disposed of anyway. Chicken skin, pieces of fat, burned edges...the dogs love them.
One of the big dogs favorite are the pieces of cartilage from spareribs. After we have eaten, I snap them off and the dogs will do anything to get one.

tonyjohnson619
06-14-2017, 03:10 PM
My dogs get leftovers and I will also feed the big dogs trimmings when I am trimming meat before I cook

cowgirl
06-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Jeanie, I've see the dishes you put together. He gets some fine leftovers. I'm definitely jealous of your dog!!

Thank you! :-D

cholloway
06-14-2017, 04:33 PM
I absolutely LOVE this video!!!
It really cracks me up.

Ultimate Dog Tease - YouTube

ModelMaker
06-15-2017, 09:28 AM
So you accepted an invitation to dinner at a "friends" house knowing they feed the dogs from the table while you kicked them in the ribs under the table?

Yes...
It was the wife's doing, the husband felt as I did.

I am one of those that realize the difference between pets and children.
Ed

Jrogers84
06-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Yes...
It was the wife's doing, the husband felt as I did.

I am one of those that realize the difference between pets and children.
Ed

Realizing the difference between animals and humans is a good thing. Abusing either of them is wrong.

That being said I can imagine you wernt hurting the dogs. Id guess it was more of an annoyance to them.

jermoQ
06-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Nah. I keep trash rib bones in the freezer after we have ribs and give them a treat every now and then. I might be willing to smoke an ear for them. No BBQ goes to the dogs except for what doesnt get cleaned off the floor after we eat. I guess it could be okay but I dont let the dogs inside while we eat so they arent under and around the table.