PDA

View Full Version : smoker trailer and dirt roads

bking
06-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Brethren, what do you do to clean your smoker after towing it on dirt roads. I'm thinking about the dust accumulation inside the normally greasy smoker. Or am I overthinking this? We do some camping and I'd like to bring it but wondering if it's an issue or not.
thanks.

daninnewjersey
06-12-2017, 09:39 AM
I would think if you have relatively tight fitting openings in your smoker there shouldn't be that much of an issue.....

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-12-2017, 10:35 AM
I always make sure everything is closed and secure. I'm not as worried about the interior as much as exterior. Last time I put my cooker on trailer, I had to give it a good hose down to get the highway gunk off exterior, including splattered bugs. I then fired it up to evaporate off any external moisture on the cooker

dummy que
06-13-2017, 12:57 PM
spray outside with lemon pledge will smell somewhat funky till the wax burns off and steam the inside

DownHomeQue
06-13-2017, 03:57 PM
not a big deal just take it by the quarter wash and spray her down then take it home and reseason immediately after I have done it a few times.. While I am generally against spraying water in bbq pits after buildup this is a quick easy way to clean it without making a mess

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-13-2017, 11:05 PM
not a big deal just take it by the quarter wash and spray her down then take it home and reseason immediately after I have done it a few times.. While I am generally against spraying water in bbq pits after buildup this is a quick easy way to clean it without making a mess

Thanks for the tip! When are we gonna see the 1000 gallon build?!?

W.I.T.W.A.G?
06-14-2017, 09:10 AM
With my offset I just make sure everything is closed up tight. I have not an issue with the inside gathering anything. For the outside I wash it like a car. I alsoo like to rub it down with cooking spray on the outside. Keeps it shiny and I've heard it helps keep the exterior paint from cracking.

DownHomeQue
06-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the tip! When are we gonna see the 1000 gallon build?!?

1000 Gallon? it will be a long time lol don't even have a tank yet.. LOL 600 is big enough to do everything I do at this point. But maybe a 1000 gallon is in the cards in the future. Wanting to finish this little 150 gallon soon but not getting to work on it much this time of year

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-14-2017, 10:44 AM
1000 Gallon? it will be a long time lol don't even have a tank yet.. LOL 600 is big enough to do everything I do at this point. But maybe a 1000 gallon is in the cards in the future. Wanting to finish this little 150 gallon soon but not getting to work on it much this time of year

Thanks Sir! I live vicariously watching you build and cook on your rigs. I'm somewhat playing but not completely !! I wonder if there's such a thing as a 2000 gallon that would require a semi tractor trailer

DownHomeQue
06-14-2017, 11:04 AM
aww thanks doc, You have to make your way to Arkansas sometime so we can cook and sit and talk Que!

and speaking of another bigger build on the way to my wife's hometown their is a 10,000 gallon propane tank my wife saw it and said don't even think about it lol

That tank is about 50' long and about 8' in diameter lol But I would need a semi to even get the tank lol Plus I would be down a wife lol