PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys and gals watching chopped?!?

Clay-b-que
06-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Watching grilled chopped now and just wondering what I and you all would do??? Current challenge is goat, rainbow carrots, watermelon and kokoretsi. Wtf is kokoretsi?!? :doh:

pjtexas1
06-10-2017, 11:04 PM
No idea either. I'd be farked!

Stlsportster
06-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Uhhh..we may need Fatback Joe for this one.

Kokoreç (Turkish) is a Turkish dish consisting of lamb or goat intestines wrapped around seasoned offal, including sweetbreads, hearts, lungs, or kidneys, and typically grilled; a variant consists of chopped innards cooked on a griddle. The intestines of suckling lambs are preferred.

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-11-2017, 01:05 AM
No disrespect but I think I'll pass.

I've got Man Fire Food on TV as I'm up doing a brisket. Great show

Titch
06-11-2017, 01:39 AM
Sounds like a Haggis to me,Yummo:thumb:

IamMadMan
06-11-2017, 05:27 AM
I'm out......

Nuco59
06-11-2017, 07:26 AM
Used to watch the heck out it- no so much anymore. Like most stuff, it turned into "more of the same ole same ole". I'm still impressed with how they are forced to create on the fly- just don't care to follow it now.

Clay-b-que
06-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Used to watch the heck out it- no so much anymore. Like most stuff, it turned into "more of the same ole same ole". I'm still impressed with how they are forced to create on the fly- just don't care to follow it now.

Agreed but I hadn't seen the grilled version before. And they were using smoky mountains and all Weber grills so it was intriguing. And then there was the kokoretsi....

ssv3
06-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Sounds like a Haggis to me,Yummo:thumb:

Yep, looks like their version of Haggis. :hungry:

KORND4WG X
06-11-2017, 04:05 PM
Make some ribs. Blend all other ingredients into a purée and serve it as a 'dipping sauce'.

bbqwizard
06-11-2017, 05:38 PM
HA HA! Love this thread!

Well I may be biased (read my signature), but it's not as bad as it sounds..lol

Depends on the round (App/entree, etc..)

One idea to consider:

Goat and kokoretsi sausage crostini or flatbread, topped with caramelized onions and rainbow carrots, (or make a salsa with roasted corn, rainbow carrots, jalapeño, and water melon) then drizzled with a watermelon and balsamic reduction. Other accouterments may include dressed arugula and some sort of cheese.