PDA

View Full Version : Pellet Grills and Solar Energy

smokeswirl
06-09-2017, 03:56 PM
I know pellet grills are very efficient and doesnt use a ton of electricity once its up and running but it still good to know Im not getting double whammied by paying for pellets and electricity.

Anyone else have solar energy? What is your experience? I love mine because electricity is expensive in the Northeast

Frales
06-09-2017, 08:14 PM
I know pellet grills are very efficient and doesnt use a ton of electricity once its up and running but it still good to know Im not getting double whammied by paying for pellets and electricity.

Anyone else have solar energy? What is your experience? I love mine because electricity is expensive in the Northeast

Sounds like you have it. Who made it and does it work well?

Ron_L
06-09-2017, 08:27 PM
I can't tell if this thread is about pellet grills or solar energy?

For most pellet grills, they use about 400w for the first 5 minutes and after that they use 50-100w to power the controller and the auger/mechanism that drops the pellets, and a fan

4ever3
06-09-2017, 08:37 PM

Yes!

LYU370
06-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Solar powered energy pellets?

NickTheGreat
06-12-2017, 08:20 AM

For most pellet grills, they use about 400w for the first 5 minutes and after that they use 50-100w to power the controller and the auger/mechanism that drops the pellets, and a fan

So if you find a quarter on the ground, you've paid for the electricity to run your rig??? :idea: