PDA

View Full Version : Question on my 1st build

Rudy
06-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,
I am doing my first BBQ trailer build, first ever build. I joined to get info and ideas. I plan on a twin tank system 60-gallon air compressor cooking tank with a 30-gallon air compressor tank fire box. to be connected by five 3x3 square tubing air passage. It is going to be an indirect system that will have a plate that will be removable that will also be used for charcoal grilling as a diverter plate. My big question is this: I plan to weld the smoker box to the trailer frame to get the right angle to vent towards the grill area. This is how it will be. This is a simple mock up, and the blue tank will be raised higher than it is in the pictures.

Rudy
06-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Cont: Has anyone ever welded the smoker to the trailer? I know there will be some transfer heat and I plan to add a few boxes of wood and supplies around the fire box. What I mean is I will square the front of the trailer and add boxes. So I think that the heat SHOULD not go to the very edge. What do you guys think?

YSR
06-07-2017, 05:58 PM
I think you want to post this in Q-talk. I'm sure you'll get great advice and lots of it.
Good luck, I hope you'll post pics of your progress,

dwfisk
06-07-2017, 06:02 PM
IMO, you will be OK with your plan, just don't plan on stacking wood next to that firebox. You might consider asking a moderator to move this to QTalk, it will get a lot more visibility there.

Oh yea, welocme to the site.

Rudy
06-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys. I'll find a moderator to ask about the moving.

Ron_L
06-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys. I'll find a moderator to ask about the moving.

Done...

A moderator found you :-D

Rudy
06-07-2017, 08:32 PM
I did post in Q-talk. I didn't think I would be able to find a moderator. Awesome site management. You just don't see that nowadays.