PDA

View Full Version : Are there any CyberQ II experts here? Having some issues...

kik_start
06-07-2017, 10:43 AM
My BBQ Guru is not very old, maybe bought in 2010 and only use 10-15 times per year. I've always kept dry and out of sun....stored in original box I received it in.
My question is can one probe cause both to read wrong? What are odds that both probes failed at the same time or is this thing fubar?
I would hate to spend 45 dollars on new probes and only find out the unit is bad.

The cyberQ clip was attached directly to the Maverick probe, the food temp was actually less that 50 degrees in that picture. I had hard time with this cook needless to say.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/kik_start/IMG_1462_zpspt3bykh5.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/kik_start/IMG_1461_zpslndywn59.jpg

kik_start
06-07-2017, 11:15 AM
A couple of other notes, I did move probes over to P2 and F2 and had same results.
I also got to the point where an error message of pit temp too low would show up and the only way to get any temp reading on P1 or P2 was to partially unplug that probe one click, if completely puled out it would read ERROR.
Probe fully engaged would only read too low.

kik_start
06-07-2017, 04:35 PM
I contacted factory for support very nice people to talk to.
We're thinking one or both sensors are bad.
Giving me a good discount, that means a bunch!
I'll have spare sensors if it doesn't work. I will get another.

IamMadMan
06-07-2017, 06:49 PM
glad you got some answers from the factory..... 7-8 years is a lot of time.

I hate to admit it, but I have kept my Guru outside under an overhang, uncovered, for almost six years and have no problems, I guess I am lucky.

kik_start
06-07-2017, 10:41 PM
glad you got some answers from the factory..... 7-8 years is a lot of time.

I hate to admit it, but I have kept my Guru outside under an overhang, uncovered, for almost six years and have no problems, I guess I am lucky.

several years? really? but no competitions other than family...so lets see...

lets say 8 years used 10 times per year.... 80 times. (maybe)
paid ~ 400.00 for controller....

400 divided by 80 is, 5.00

cost me 5 dollars every time i used it...now spending more.
I'm a back yard GURU not in it for the money.