PDA

View Full Version : Some fat bi**h named Shirley followed me home yesterday...

sleepsafe
06-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Went to St Louis. On the way home I noticed everytime I looked in the mirror this bitch was following me. Looks like she's here to stay. She's moved in and unpacked.

Any Shirley Fab owners what to throw in some tips on operation, temp control, anything I welcome it. Never cooked on a reverse flow smoker. I had never touched or even seen a Shirley smoker in person. Much nicer than I could have imagined. Fit and finish is beyond fantastic. Now I want one on a trailer!

SmittyJonz
06-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Oh Ya.! That one could be modified onto a small trailer.......
We like to say "Beotch".......

ShadowDriver
06-04-2017, 03:57 PM
I see many many fun cooks and lots of shenanigans in your future.

She looks more like an elegant mistress to me than what you mentioned.

Enjoy, and get that gal dirty (perhaps with an appropriate nekkid fatty)!

ronbrad62
06-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Oh yeah, just is much more refined than you described. She may cost a bit for upkeep, you know, quality briskets, butts and ribs, but no doubt she will earn her keep. Nice acquisition.

SmokinRS1
06-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Congrats. I will be going to the Mecca to pick my SF in about 3 weeks.

sleepsafe
06-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Congrats. I will be going to the Mecca to pick my SF in about 3 weeks.

If you have a trailer with a ramp do yourself a favor. Get a tow strap to go around the smoker, and if you don't have a come along go to home depot and spend $38 and get one. Easy on, easily ratchet it off the trailer. I had 1 helper, but could have gotten it off by myself.
edit...I see you're getting a trailer.

Nuco59
06-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Sweet cooker. I would not mind such a thing following me home in the least. Break it in and let us know how it runs.

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Geez! That's the kind of stalker I wouldn't mind following me home. Here were my initial seasoning steps:

1). Wiped interior of cook chamber with damp warm water rag to get metal filings and chemicals out of there
2). Bought a mighty 4 cans of Pam Olive Oil edition cook spray (my favorite flavor) but you could go regular flavor to be safe
3). Coated everything in sight inside of the cook chamber including the rails, the grates, the roof, the sides, etc. Remember you're acting as if this is the biggest iron skillet you've ever owned
4). Low intensity 150-250 degree burn. I know many say 4-6 hours was plenty but obsessive Notorious took over and I did a 10 hour overnight seasoning burn with strictly peach and cherry wood. I wanted light fruit woods and nothing too heavy getting into the pores of the metal. To keep such a low temp, it was pretty much a small stick at a time with dampers mostly closed
5) I did 3 successive coats of Pam spray and 3 hours of smoke in between before meat touched the grates
6). Supposedly the low intensity burns will set the rustoleum 1200 degree paint into the surface of the metal. Even though the work is interior, there's an exterior benefit to a proper seasoning burn
7). Happy smoking and puhleeez send pics!!

SmokinRS1
06-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Mine's going to be on a modified trailer but appreciate the input.

sleepsafe
06-04-2017, 04:39 PM
Geez! That's the kind of stalker I wouldn't mind following me home. Here were my initial seasoning steps:

1). Wiped interior of cook chamber with damp warm water rag to get metal filings and chemicals out of there
2). Bought a mighty 4 cans of Pam Olive Oil edition cook spray (my favorite flavor) but you could go regular flavor to be safe
3). Coated everything in sight inside of the cook chamber including the rails, the grates, the roof, the sides, etc. Remember you're acting as if this is the biggest iron skillet you've ever owned
4). Low intensity 150-250 degree burn. I know many say 4-6 hours was plenty but obsessive Notorious took over and I did a 10 hour overnight seasoning burn with strictly peach and cherry wood. I wanted light fruit woods and nothing too heavy getting the pores of the metal
5) I did 3 successive coats of Pam spray and 3 hours of smoke in between before meat touched the grates
6). Supposedly the low intensity burns will set the rustoleum 1200 degree paint into the surface of the metal. Even though the work is interior, there's an exterior benefit to proper seasoning burn
7). Happy smoking and puhleeez send pics!!

I was planning on using canola oil.

nmeyer414
06-04-2017, 04:51 PM
:clap:

MisterChrister
06-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Beautiful pit! Your thread title, not so much. My (youngish) kids are learning to BBQ, and have permission to peruse Q-talk, which is supposed to be family friendly. Not to mention that a few of our most respected, talented, and revered BBQ Brethren are actually Sistren/ladies. Some of them may not find the humor as funny. Don't get me wrong, I can have a pretty coarse sense of humor, but I try to be selective where I let it show. Thanks for your consideration.

pjtexas1
06-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Congrats!

ssv3
06-04-2017, 06:35 PM
I'll take that fat biaaaach all day long.

sleepsafe
06-04-2017, 06:40 PM
I'll try to include a pic me cooking underneath a calendar from a tool supplier sometime soon.:oops:
That would be inappropriate, my title not so much. Pretty sure there is a ICD-10 code for dysfunctional sense of humor. I've got it, yours is OOS.

KevinJ
06-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Very nice, congrats.

Jason TQ
06-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Don't overthink seasoning it. I half ass spray mine with maybe a can of cooking spray of whatever sort you pick or a coat of oil. You don't need more than 1 unless you like overkill (which is totally ok). After the half ass spray get it hot rolling 300 for a few hours and then toss a lot of meat on and start cooking.

The end.

Militant83
06-04-2017, 07:06 PM
That is the kind of fat B**** I need following me home :wacko:

BillN
06-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Congratulations... IMO she's beautiful and will soon become one of your closest confidants, and she will willingly produced some of the best food you ever ate.

Westx
06-04-2017, 08:46 PM
So you got the last one. Congratulations she looks amazing.

sleepsafe
06-04-2017, 08:50 PM
So you got the last one. Congratulations she looks amazing.
Yeah the last one, but Im sure there will be more!

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-04-2017, 09:17 PM
I call it evolution. I've owned 4 cookers and Shirley is top of the heap. People who have eaten my Que say this is the best. I'm dreaming of my 5th, a Super Shirley!!

sleepsafe
06-04-2017, 09:31 PM
I call it evolution. I've owned 4 cookers and Shirley is top of the heap. People who have eaten my Que say this is the best. I'm dreaming of my 5th, a Super Shirley!!

Yeah I haven't even cooked on this one and I have plans for another!

Smoke on Badger Mountain
06-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Very nice pit.

BadkissonTT
06-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Fat ones need lovin too !!!

Spray some oilz in her and get to work !!!

Notorious Q.U.E.
06-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Flame Boss 300 WiFi if you want to get some sleep on a long cook ! I checked out the St. Louis BBQ store website and you look ready made. You'll probably just need to find brass plugs to cap the stoker ports in the pinwheel damper when you're not using a stoker

diver165
06-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Shirley you can't be serious....

finish the quote

SoCalWJS
06-05-2017, 02:28 PM
That looks absolutely beeeee-uuuuuu-ti-fullllll !! :clap2:

Ayvatr
06-05-2017, 06:06 PM
That is one fine cooker.:clap2: and please post pics from your first cook!