PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone added a stainless table outside?

six501
06-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Really debating on adding one for prep work. For instance, we have lots of gathers and I'm prepping food on the table outside we are trying to eat on. Especially when we do outside pizzas, just feel like a stainless table for prep work would be perfect. Anyone with experiences or recommendations?

Hoss
06-04-2017, 09:30 AM
I have a small one that I got off of CL.It is handy to sit beside the cooker.I have seen some at Sam's club like mine and bigger too.Mine would be a little small for prep work but is good for sitting a tray on to transfer food to/from cooker.

sylntghost
06-04-2017, 09:36 AM
I went to a local metal fab shop and had the make me a 11 gauge stainless top that I setup on two saw horses. It was fairly cheap and I love it.

Smoke Dawg
06-04-2017, 09:40 AM
I don't have a stainless table but do a lot of prep / cooking outside. Especially if doing a smokehouse full.

I use portable folding plastic tables and I have on old printer desk with a 4 ft square sheet of Teflon on it that I use for my outside cutting table

The ones that just the legs fold up work but take up much more room and not handy to travel like the fold in half ones they have at Costco

gcs
06-04-2017, 10:54 AM
I have a screened in attached "porch" on the house I do most of the prep in. Has a built in counter, and I can use the top of the freezer too. outside I have a folding Costco plastic table which works fine, just a little more trouble to clean. No sink, but a hose and meat lug works ok.
Stainless everything would be nice. But this is a cheap operation...:-D

EdF
06-04-2017, 01:21 PM
We have a huge former cafeteria table my wife picked up when she was working construction. Weighs "a lot". But it is just an awesome surface to have around near the cookers (under one of them). Stainless surfaces rock!

pjayt
06-04-2017, 03:31 PM
bought the table at Sams the storage draws at Walmart

ronbrad62
06-04-2017, 04:12 PM
I have one that I was given because the legs were wobbly, (in fact, I convinced them that they were too wobbly to use the table any longer:wink:) and a couple of braces later, I have a strong, ss table for my bbq.

medic92
06-04-2017, 05:32 PM
My smoker came with two stainless steel shelves. On bright sunny days I don't even have to fire up the smoker, I can just throw the meet on the shelf and sear whatever I'm cooking along with any parts of my hands that come in contact with it.

Shagdog
06-04-2017, 08:07 PM
I have this table -

https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-3628/Packing-Tables/Welded-Stainless-Steel-Workbench-60-x-30

I got it through work, I didn't pay that. It has sat outside for 5 years. Still looks like the day I bought it. Just a sponge and some comet, hose it off and it it's good to go.

six501
06-05-2017, 06:16 AM
I have this table -

https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-3628/Packing-Tables/Welded-Stainless-Steel-Workbench-60-x-30

I got it through work, I didn't pay that. It has sat outside for 5 years. Still looks like the day I bought it. Just a sponge and some comet, hose it off and it it's good to go.

Man, I wish I could justify that price for that!

LMAJ
06-05-2017, 07:56 AM
I do. Got it from Amazon and it has casters so I can roll it around the deck. It stays on my uncovered deck year round.

PaSmoker
06-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Do those that have them in an "uncovered area" , cover the table??...Though I suspect a quick hose before use would work to get of ths suface pollen/dust/dirt/ etc.

Jrogers84
06-05-2017, 08:33 AM
My smoker came with two stainless steel shelves. On bright sunny days I don't even have to fire up the smoker, I can just throw the meet on the shelf and sear whatever I'm cooking along with any parts of my hands that come in contact with it.

Gold

THoey1963
06-05-2017, 12:37 PM
My WSCG has the built in SS table on the side. Looks great until you are cooking on it at midday with the sun blasting down and radiating up. I'm thinking of placing some heat resistant tiles to cover it.

six501
06-05-2017, 01:01 PM
My WSCG has the built in SS table on the side. Looks great until you are cooking on it at midday with the sun blasting down and radiating up. I'm thinking of placing some heat resistant tiles to cover it.

Yeah I have that but I want to add a completely separate one. We end up prepping a lot of stuff outside when friends are over.

pitbossJB
06-05-2017, 01:02 PM
I've got two stainless 4x4 tables that I used for comps back in the day, then they sat outside for years, now they're in my kitchen. You can't go wrong with stainless, they'll last as long as you will with little to no maintenance.

THoey1963
06-05-2017, 01:11 PM

Yeah I have that but I want to add a completely separate one. We end up prepping a lot of stuff outside when friends are over.

Sorry, my point was, are you really sure you want to be blinded by stainless? Maybe there are better options?

Sooner21
06-05-2017, 01:29 PM
I have an outdoor entertainment storage station from Sam's. It has a stainless steel top and has been just fine for my needs so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk